GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The official "Post your deal!!!" thread

Gimpster

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 VW Golf R
I get the feeling a lot of regional VW dealers collude on pricing, yet in some regions they are aggressive.

xl1200r

Ready to race!
2016 GTI S, LP, PP and mojo mats. Bought at invoice minus $500 for partner pricing, minus $1500 for conquest cash, plus they gave me about $3000 more than I think my trade was really worth. Dealer fees were minimal (they are regulated in my state) and no tax since my trade was worth more than the new car. So I think my final price on paper was $25,300-ish, but felt more like $22,300-ish due to the price they gave for my trade.

canicken2

2015 2dr Pure White SE 6sp manual.
Last 2015 on the lot.
$28,925 sticker less $4,430 dealer discount, to get to $24,495 less $1,000 owner loyalty.

Final price $23,495 before TT&L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moxie69

2015 4dr GTI, LP, auto plus 7/70 platinum warranty . MSRP $28,300 $24220 OD (they took 6323 right off the bat). I recently discover this forum btw, some great stuff on here. I post some pics later today along with my wifes TDi.

Angriff

Passed Driver's Ed
2016 4DR Autobahn DSG with Lighting, Performance, and Driver Assistant packages for $34,000 out the door. It came with Monster mats, cargo liner and blocks, and roadside assistance kit.

MSRP was almost $37k I believe. I feel like it was a reasonable deal considering it was loaded minus DCC.

grayTshirt

2016 4DR Autobahn DSG with Lighting, Performance, and Driver Assistant packages for $34,000 out the door. It came with Monster mats, cargo liner and blocks, and roadside assistance kit.

MSRP was almost $37k I believe. I feel like it was a reasonable deal considering it was loaded minus DCC.

I'm looking for a similar spec'd GTI. Planning on pulling the trigger on a 4 DR 16 Autobahn with DSG, PP, and lighting package. Figure I can get rubber mats and other options cheaper through online distributors. MSRP for a couple I've seen are in the 35k range. What should I plan to pay? I do not have a VW now so I'm able to get conquest and willing to finance through VW if that gives me more discount or greater leverage.

Angriff

Passed Driver's Ed
They had the exact same car as mine without the DAP and accessories for about $1,500 or so less if that helps.

I don't need DAP to be honest but on mine they hadn't drilled the front bumper for the license plate (illegal here but I prefer it without) and I figured I'd go all out.

I really only wanted an SE with LP and PP but they didn't have any. My rate is 2.9% for 72 months and I traded in a Scion FRS so I was able to get the $1,500 conquest discount.

grayTshirt

They had the exact same car as mine without the DAP and accessories for about $1,500 or so less if that helps.

I don't need DAP to be honest but on mine they hadn't drilled the front bumper for the license plate (illegal here but I prefer it without) and I figured I'd go all out.

I really only wanted an SE with LP and PP but they didn't have any. My rate is 2.9% for 72 months and I traded in a Scion FRS so I was able to get the $1,500 conquest discount.

That is very helpful, I'm going in tomorrow afternoon to see what kind of numbers we can come up with. They have found two that have the specs I want and I just need to determine the overall cost before I choose which one I want. I appreciate your info...thanks!

rnam488

Ready to race!
I'm looking into getting a 2016, White, 4dr, DSG, SE trim with lighting package. (MSRP: $30,945). The dealership I'm looking at has this car listed for $27,895, but I've seen other dealerships in the area with the exact same trim/options listed for as low as $25,893 (different color).

Before I start the buying process, i wanted to get an opinion. How reasonable/absurd do you think it is to try to get the car from my preferred dealer for $27,000 out the door, including tax, title, tags, etc? The invoice price appears to be in the neighborhood of $28,000 but that seems a little high compared to the MSRP. Opinions?

Also, I currently own a 2012 GTI, so would try to get the $1,000 owner loyalty bonus applied.

Last edited:

ptsawyer

How is this deal?

Have an option to buy a 2016 GTI, Autobahn, automatic, with lighting package, (no performance package). After rebates, etc, price is 27,500 + tax/title. Gotta decide tonight to pull the trigger or no.

Seemed good to me. Thoughts?

carbongmk7

Ready to race!
i got mine for a steal end of the year prices bought it a few days before Christmas
mk7 gti-s with 40 miles for 22500 with the sales and vdub loyalty fun but owed alittle over value on my mk6 so had to add 2k on top of that so walked out around 25k after everything was said and done

ptsawyer

Have an option to buy a 2016 GTI, Autobahn, automatic, with lighting package, (no performance package). After rebates, etc, price is 27,500 + tax/title. Gotta decide tonight to pull the trigger or no.

Seemed good to me. Thoughts?

Ended up pulling the trigger. End of the day the car was 27k plus tax + title. No pp, LP, or DA but overall a solid deal. Would love to get feedback on the deal.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Ended up pulling the trigger. End of the day the car was 27k plus tax + title. No pp, LP, or DA but overall a solid deal. Would love to get feedback on the deal.

You said it had LP above, unless you went with a different car?

To know if you got a good deal....need to know MSRP of the car and which rebates they used and/or you qualified for

ptsawyer

You said it had LP above, unless you went with a different car?

To know if you got a good deal....need to know MSRP of the car and which rebates they used and/or you qualified for

I thought the car had the lighting package, but I was wrong. So its the Autobahn trim but no PP, LP, or DA.

MSRP is 32,500. I paid 27000. I don't pay a lot attention to rebates, etc, that is all dealer mumbo jumbo IMO. I just look at the final bottom line price.