GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sportwagen Tune Options IS20 or Not

dareo

I got the turbo done finally. Took me something like 15 hours spread across a few days. That included time for cleaning my garage bay and changing the oil afterword. I got a set of various hose clamp pliers and that helped a lot.

I could only drive it in the rain/snow on winter tires but its safe to say this wagon is now overpowered. 1st and 2nd gear no traction. 3rd gear can get traction, and wow, more than enough power.

IS20 isn't bad on lag at all. Feels very close to the stock turbo. I think IS38 would be overkill for a FWD. Can't wait for warm enough weather to put my summer tires on.

jackalope

Ready to race!
Isn't there a downside to running 93 octane gas in an engine tuned for 87? Doesn't it combust less completely and leave deposits?

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
Costs more. That's about it.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Nothing but draining your wallet for zero benefit....if your car is tuned for 87...run 87...it isn't like it magically says "OH MY GOD I HAVE 93 ADVANCE ALL TIMING MAPS TURN UP BOOST POWER POWER POWER".

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
That's what the JB4 is for.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Melted,

I finally got a proper APR IS20 tune. I'm gonna say probably skip it if you are hitting boost targets. Compared to the IS12 tune, the timing is lower, the boost is higher, the AFRs are richer. It's safe, but not the best for making the most power with the JB4. So if you're still wondering, skip it.

That's what the JB4 is for.

Sumfuncomet

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 Mercedes E63 S
My 6MT Alltrack is definitely not laggier down low with the IS20. I run the 91 octane tune with APR downpipe and IE intercooler. I always use 93 to fuel up with. Anybody else who drives this car and is unaware of the tune or mods says, Holy shit!' I didnt know the Alltrack was so quick!..........funny

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Do you run your car in normal or sport mode? I used to run in custom with sport steering and normal pedal, but now running straight up sport mode it feels much peppier. I'm sure your having a DP helps with torque down low also.

My 6MT Alltrack is definitely not laggier down low with the IS20. I run the 91 octane tune with APR downpipe and IE intercooler. I always use 93 to fuel up with. Anybody else who drives this car and is unaware of the tune or mods says, Holy shit!' I didnt know the Alltrack was so quick!..........funny