GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

1.4 Tsi boost drop

Titish

Greetings from the land of Pharos..

I own a second hand 2015 golf 7 1.4 TSI with 135,000 KM on the clock
The car peaks at 12 psi and goes down to 5 psi at 6000rpm so i guess i have a problem here.

How can i identify wether it is the 122hp version or the 140hp?
And can this be a Diverter valve or a blown turbo..no CEL available.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I'm not very familiar with the 1.4, but that doesn't sound like anything out of ordinary for a stock tuned car.

The car peaks at 12 psi and goes down to 5 psi at 6000rpm so i guess i have a problem here.

Titish

I'm not very familiar with the 1.4, but that doesn't sound like anything out of ordinary for a stock tuned car.

I remember reading a post over here mentioning 1.2 bar tapering to 0.75 bar at 6000 rpm.

Also the car strugles to reach 200kmh and i owned a mk6 1.4 tsi before it which was way faster.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I remember reading a post over here mentioning 1.2 bar tapering to 0.75 bar at 6000 rpm.

Also the car strugles to reach 200kmh and i owned a mk6 1.4 tsi before it which was way faster.
That sounds more like 2 liter numbers. you're approaching the speed limiter at 200kph?

blurryeyes

Check the turbo part model directly on the engine, there's a plaque on the turbo itself that lists the part number and the serial, you can get to it from the right side of the engine with a cellphone to take a picture. With the turbo model you can then confirm for which engine it was fitted.

Did you buy this car secondhand? I'm asking because it's weird to me that you don't know which version of the car you got.

Titish

Check the turbo part model directly on the engine, there's a plaque on the turbo itself that lists the part number and the serial, you can get to it from the right side of the engine with a cellphone to take a picture. With the turbo model you can then confirm for which engine it was fitted.

Did you buy this car secondhand? I'm asking because it's weird to me that you don't know which version of the car you got.

yes it is a second hand car and the owner was too old to know the difference.
Any clue about what part number indicates which version?

blurryeyes

yes it is a second hand car and the owner was too old to know the difference.
Any clue about what part number indicates which version?

04e145721b is what most of the 140hp cars have, 04E145721F is for the 150hp models (including the jetta).

I don't have the one for the 122hp models available right now but if it's different from any of those two, a quick google search will give you replacement options and will indicate for which car it was.