GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help with PTC (supplementary heater) in Golf MK7

rainfallgr

hello,

My car is a MK7 golf 1.6 tdi 110hp blue motion.

I have installed the supplementary heater in my car (Z35) element, and did the wiring according to etka.

I activated the menu in main screen, and revs do go up in idle. However i have a error in vcds, what can cause this. Maybe an error with coding?

4862 - No Communications with Aux. Heater Control Module
U0166 00 [047] - -
Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 6
Fault Frequency: 1

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
hello,

My car is a MK7 golf 1.6 tdi 110hp blue motion.

I have installed the supplementary heater in my car (Z35) element, and did the wiring according to etka.

I activated the menu in main screen, and revs do go up in idle. However i have a error in vcds, what can cause this. Maybe an error with coding?

4862 - No Communications with Aux. Heater Control Module
U0166 00 [047] - -
Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 6
Fault Frequency: 1

Can you communicate with the module using VCDS? Did your car not come with this as standard? It was my understanding that all diesel models had a heating element for faster cabin heat.

I have a feeling that the Aux Heater Control Module you've enabled isn't what you've retrofitted.

davide.bonetti

Ready to race!
+1

the PTC heater is an electrical resistor which is not even close to the Webasto Aux Heater, that used fuel to heat up the car when the engine is off.

if you had the Webasto it would show up at address 18 in your gateway list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rainfallgr

Thank you for your replys, the electric resistor of 1000w (supplementary heater) is not standard for 1.6 tdi. It's offered as an option. All 2.0tdi have it as standard.

The heater doesn't have a module. It is connected directly to the engine Fuse box, and it's controlled by engine ECU.

Golf mk5 resistor had a module on them, and need a can bus connection also.

For my car golf mk7 and the power cables is connected to the resistor. The low and high power relay is controlled by engine ECU.

Can anyone help with proper coding? As i might have done something wrong.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Thank you for your replys, the electric resistor of 1000w (supplementary heater) is not standard for 1.6 tdi. It's offered as an option. All 2.0tdi have it as standard.

The heater doesn't have a module. It is connected directly to the engine Fuse box, and it's controlled by engine ECU.

Golf mk5 resistor had a module on them, and need a can bus connection also.

For my car golf mk7 and the power cables is connected to the resistor. The low and high power relay is controlled by engine ECU.

Can anyone help with proper coding? As i might have done something wrong.

I'm quite sure you're mistaken - it's in a self study guide somewhere but I can't quite remember which one. I have a 1.6, granted it's the 105, but I have the 1Kwh heating element as standard.

Have you checked your build sheet? Then again.. I can't quite understand how you've retrofitted one if there was one installed already! Perhaps it's a VAG oddity.

You should not have enabled a menu in the infotainment as there isn't one.

pedroYUL

Car(s)
2015 GSW S
Module 08, Auto HVAC coding

1639079322338.png

Pepino

Car(s)
Octavia 3
Thanks for replay!
Because i have a problem whit PTC, i check all....relay, ptc, battery is new, wire! The ECU motor limit auxiliari....i dont know why