GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Newer evo got me

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Was driving home and saw a newer evo with exhaust and fmic so I caught up to him and we were playing around a bit then got to a light and we talked he asked how much power I was running and I told him I never dynoed but probably 300 or close to it and he said he was 525 to the ground at 29psi but he was only running about 22psi at the time so he wanted to run and I was like your gonna smoke me but I'll go and we agreed on a 40mph roll so he honks and at 35 he took off and jump out about a car and a half on me once in 3rd I started to reel him in and got to within about a car maybe a tad less then I backed off at 90mph. I wasn't comfortable going that speed on the street we were on for safety reasons and I had 2 other people in my car. But I was impressed with my car and so was he. We talked a minute and drove off. Dude was a cool guy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CosmosMpower

Ready to race!
He must have missed a shift if you reeled him back in. Guessing he was still over 400 at the wheels at 22 psi.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
He must have missed a shift if you reeled him back in. Guessing he was still over 400 at the wheels at 22 psi.
I just gained a little ground on him and that was it then I backed out of it. He didn't miss the shift, I could hear him shift. I was not going to catch him at all I know that but we were both shocked how well my car did. For the record I didn't brake boost but I should have

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I Need to start recording stuff but it's not safe with a cell phone and I don't have a go pro or anything

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk