GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tune/Mod friendly dealers + tining in NY/Tri-State Area

SSV3NOM

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey all.. so I'm really itching to get my GTI tuned. Of course, as anyone else I'm scared of voiding warranty.

Anyone know of any dealers that are truly mod/tune friendly? I think the most I may do is get a cold air intake and tune, maybe a blow off valve. This if my first "fast" car, and car that I'm interested in modding. I'd prefer a dealer in the NYC/Long Island area but I'm open to hear about others.

My second question -- Does any one know any quality tint shop? Doesn't have to be cheap, just as long as it's quality work and of course a reasonable price and not $500.

I'm in the Queens, NY area, but wouldn't mind traveling a bit to get some quality work done.

I was thinking about trying this Infinite Tint Inc. that I saw in an AMMO NYC youtube video about tinting, seems like the guy does quality work.

Z27

Ready to race!
Would like to know this information as well

misaka

Ready to race!
Hey all.. so I'm really itching to get my GTI tuned. Of course, as anyone else I'm scared of voiding warranty.

Anyone know of any dealers that are truly mod/tune friendly? I think the most I may do is get a cold air intake and tune, maybe a blow off valve. This if my first "fast" car, and car that I'm interested in modding. I'd prefer a dealer in the NYC/Long Island area but I'm open to hear about others.

My second question -- Does any one know any quality tint shop? Doesn't have to be cheap, just as long as it's quality work and of course a reasonable price and not $500.

I'm in the Queens, NY area, but wouldn't mind traveling a bit to get some quality work done.

I was thinking about trying this Infinite Tint Inc. that I saw in an AMMO NYC youtube video about tinting, seems like the guy does quality work.

This is more info from my mk6 days, since I'm too lazy to bother with a tune now. but I found the Jersey dealerships actually do APR tunes. I had no issues, especially when back in the mk6 days they had to open the ECU, and the dealer stood by their work and told me if any problems arose after my tune, they'd only ever put me on the hook for a new ECU as a worst case scenario, since it wasn't warrantied, otherwise it would still be warrantied.

http://www.douglasvw.com/service/service-dept

A bit of a trek, but it was worth it for the peace of mind, and absolutely no hassle.

SSV3NOM

Passed Driver's Ed