GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GF finally got her car, got a few questions

Rogues Gambit

Ready to race!
First of all, congratulations to her, '18 Golf TSI SE, blue with beige, automatic.

Figure once I get back from my trip, I'll stockpile for parts and then in say... September, I'll pull the trigger on getting everything installed.

Already ordered this: https://store.034motorsport.com/adjustable-mqb-solid-rear-sway-bar-upgrade-mkvii-volkswagen-golf-gti-8v-audi-a3-fwd.html, for a DD, should I order the Endlinks or naw?

I know the tires, 225 Michelin's, but how much do the stock 16's weight, gonna order 17's for her.

Brakes and pads, I'm curious what I should go with, since I saw this OEM+ Kit on BFI: https://store.blackforestindustries.com/mk7go1frbrki.html, but for less, I can get these: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-parts/front-cross-drilled-slotted-2-piece-brake-rotors-pair-312x25-oe-1k0615301aa/009900ecs01kt/
(Figure this could be the rear rotors: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-parts/rear-cross-drilled-slotted-brake-rotors-pair-272x10/025997ecs0290kt/)

ECS Stainless Steel Brake Lines: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-parts/front-rear-exact-fit-stainless-steel-brake-lines-kit/008596ecs01akt/

Pads: An area I'm not an expert on, what would you recommend for a DD to enhance the bite without being overkill

Springs/Shocks: Gonna leave alone initially, she doesn't wanna lower it

Does the list seem good for now, or am I missing anything?

Thanks for taking a look, and have a great day!

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Does she want any of this?

If not, leave it alone. Spend the money saved on a vacation, home or your car.

Also would skip the stainless steel brake lines regardless. Putting those on a daily that will never see the track is a waste.

Rogues Gambit

Ready to race!
Does she want any of this?

If not, leave it alone. Spend the money saved on a vacation, home or your car.

Also would skip the stainless steel brake lines regardless. Putting those on a daily that will never see the track is a waste.

Habit of mine for the Brake Lines, both my cars have it

As far as the mods, she's cool with it, plus I figure she'd wanna get (better) tires for All Seasons as well and I know Michelin's served me well in winter, plus why not OEM+ a few things, right?

Just curious.. Actually think I answered my own question, the BFI kit includes the caliper carriers, I missed that when I making the list of X vs Y

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Would the brakes really do much on a daily? The factory brakes work pretty well..albeit they dust like mad. I can see replacing the brakes if the car gets driven hard.

You'll feel the swaybar. The stock Golf rides pretty high. You can sneak some stock GTI springs on there. It'll lower the car a bit.

I'd leave the car as is...its brand new. How much do you want to bet that if something goes wrong with the car...you'll be the first one she blames?

Rogues Gambit

Ready to race!
Would the brakes really do much on a daily? The factory brakes work pretty well..albeit they dust like mad. I can see replacing the brakes if the car gets driven hard.

Little extra breaking power never hurts anyone

You'll feel the swaybar. The stock Golf rides pretty high. You can sneak some stock GTI springs on there. It'll lower the car a bit.

That's a good idea, sneak it in

I'd leave the car as is...its brand new. How much do you want to bet that if something goes wrong with the car...you'll be the first one she blames?

Well, figure we'd put 4k+ miles on our trip, and then how are the stock tires in winter, figure lighter rims and stickier tires would help, then the dealer a half hour from us is authorized to do APR, so get the car ready for the performance mods down the road

Eventually, when the time comes, IS20, but nowhere near there yet, so gotta start with the foundation

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Congrats to her! Er I guess to both of you since the Golf won haha
Was waiting for the winning vehicle from the other thread

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Rogues Gambit

Ready to race!
Congrats to her! Er I guess to both of you since the Golf won haha
Was waiting for the winning vehicle from the other thread

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Not sure why she hasn't posted yet, I thought she would by now

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I’d skip literally all of that and start with JB4.

Might as well wear out the stock tires and brakes, she did just pay for them.

Swap bar will help, I’d agree on some GTI springs at least while you’re at it as long as you’re confident you can do the job properly. I’ve never seen so many DIY self induced suspension noise issues than the mk7 lol, 80% of people (and lesser shops) end up doing it twice

Rogues Gambit

Ready to race!
I’d skip literally all of that and start with JB4.

Might as well wear out the stock tires and brakes, she did just pay for them.

Swap bar will help, I’d agree on some GTI springs at least while you’re at it as long as you’re confident you can do the job properly. I’ve never seen so many DIY self induced suspension noise issues than the mk7 lol, 80% of people (and lesser shops) end up doing it twice

I'm among the 80%, got a shop I usually stick with and I'd rather they deal with springs and all the other misc, since while my garage actually can be used, I don't have the tools

I'll keep the Jb4 and wearing out the tires in mind

Rogues Gambit

Ready to race!