GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big time issues

Daument

Ready to race!
The turbo went and VW won’t cover it. They send the data off to Germany and they found evidence that it was tuned cause the dealer found no evidence of it and VW called BS with my other mods. They were even able to tell me the mileage in which it was done. Before anyone says it, I wasn’t pushing tons of boost only 24 PSI, always used good fuel and never beat on it until it was warmed up. I simply had bad luck and now begins what I should exactly do.

Since you failed to state what kind of tune I’ll assume it was a flash tune not a jb1/4.
I’d say at this point you have a few choices, stock turbo or big turbo. Does your tune provider offer a tune for a large frame turbo and do they offer an upgrade path? Either way.... your paying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Since you failed to state what kind of tune I’ll assume it was a flash tune not a jb1/4.
I’d say at this point you have a few choices, stock turbo or big turbo. Does your tune provider offer a tune for a large frame turbo and do they offer an upgrade path? Either way.... your paying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's in his sig.

Custom Stage 2 Mabotech ED Maestro 93 Tune

bboytaktix

Ready to race!
damn guess that's some bad luck...the good thing is that we don't hear a lot of these cases (not nearly as often as on my Subaru forum at least). Think I'll be sticking with a JB4 for my daily driven golf R once I get it. Should be enough power for me to have fun with.

Ramon64124

Drag Racing Champion
Mablowntech, Lol. take the turbo off and send it for a hybrid build. Might as well. You're looking at 1300-2k for it. Do it once and do it right.

iTsLiKeAnEgG

Ready to race!
I'd look into the Tomioka IHX 475 or Revo IS38 ETR setups. Nice upgrades to put down about 400-430whp on pump gas. The VTT Stage 2/2+ is coming out sometime soon as well but it doesn't sound like you have time to wait.

Ramon64124

Drag Racing Champion
LOL, i can't say that i have heard much positive feedback on this tuner

It seems he was really good on older platforms. This platforms, like with many other well known tuners, have defeated him. He needs to go back to the drawing board on this one. He just had a Hybrid turbo car trap 112. FBO IS20s trap 115. Hard to judge because it could be a car or drive or even a clutch issue. But who knows.

He is definitely caught up in some drama over in the Facebook group.