GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Connecticut Owners/Spottings

ruffrider519

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey all Connecticuteers, I couldn't seem to find a thread besides the CT Car meets one but I figured that we should have a Connecticut Owners thread. Maybe have some meet and greets or mention if we spot anyone around town.

I am in Hartford County/New Haven County area since I commute to both parts often. Hope to hear from you guys or see you around.

Misfit_MKR

Ready to race!
Just moved to CT from NJ, staying around middletown and still can't find any R's or Euro meets

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

CT GTI

Go Kart Newbie
Hi guys. Just checking in. Hartford area here. Staggered is on 10/09/16 in west springfield, mass. Hopefully I'll have my Golf R by them.

arres

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW MK7 Golf R
Sup guys, just purchased a '16 Golf R last week. Typically bouncing around between Glastonbury and New Haven. Very new to the VW scene -- coming over from a WRX (Still have it for sale of anyone's looking :D)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CT GTI

Go Kart Newbie
Sup guys, just purchased a '16 Golf R last week. Typically bouncing around between Glastonbury and New Haven. Very new to the VW scene -- coming over from a WRX (Still have it for sale of anyone's looking :D)

Congrats. Still waiting for mine to come in.

arres

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW MK7 Golf R
What kind of problems?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Really just electrical. Infotainment died in less than 24 hours. It's also a certified 16, so it came with some mileage. Supposed part to fix it is on order from a local dealership. I'm a bit pissed with the dealership I got it from though. They put the plate on like shit, and they sold me a tuned car -- I mean, I would have probably tuned it anyways, but how do you certify something that's tuned? Still deciding what I want to do about that part -- should probably get either money back for the extended warranty which probably won't be honored in case of a drive train issue, or at least guarantee to honor it.

ruffrider519

Passed Driver's Ed
Really just electrical. Infotainment died in less than 24 hours. It's also a certified 16, so it came with some mileage. Supposed part to fix it is on order from a local dealership. I'm a bit pissed with the dealership I got it from though. They put the plate on like shit, and they sold me a tuned car -- I mean, I would have probably tuned it anyways, but how do you certify something that's tuned? Still deciding what I want to do about that part -- should probably get either money back for the extended warranty which probably won't be honored in case of a drive train issue, or at least guarantee to honor it.

Oh man.. sorry to hear about all the issues you are going through. How did you find out it had unitronic software? Did you try to tune it yourself? I'd love to hear what ends up happening with the car and its warranty so make sure to post an update when you find out.

Also random question, how does the car feel with the stage 1 file? Been thinking about that or the low torque option from APR.

arres

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW MK7 Golf R
Oh man.. sorry to hear about all the issues you are going through. How did you find out it had unitronic software? Did you try to tune it yourself? I'd love to hear what ends up happening with the car and its warranty so make sure to post an update when you find out.

Also random question, how does the car feel with the stage 1 file? Been thinking about that or the low torque option from APR.

I called around and provided my VIN until UNITRONIC gave me the least amount of information to confirm that VIN was at least tied to a software purchase -- they couldn't tell me if it was still on the car (which I'd assume is obvious), nor the actual map, without a license transfer (I assume I would have to get in touch with the original owner, whom I've been trying to track down, for that transfer to occur? Or just buy it all over again lol).

I can't tell you what you should upgrade to, because I don't even know how this drives stock. Since I got the car like this, I'm almost afraid to mention it to the dealer since they'll possibly make me get a new ECU in order to honor my warranty, and I really don't care to know how this car drives without this tune, hah. I wish I knew what software it specifically was so I could be of some more help.

I'll keep you posted, I had a thread about this issue over on VWVortex

ruffrider519

Passed Driver's Ed
I called around and provided my VIN until UNITRONIC gave me the least amount of information to confirm that VIN was at least tied to a software purchase -- they couldn't tell me if it was still on the car (which I'd assume is obvious), nor the actual map, without a license transfer (I assume I would have to get in touch with the original owner, whom I've been trying to track down, for that transfer to occur? Or just buy it all over again lol).

I can't tell you what you should upgrade to, because I don't even know how this drives stock. Since I got the car like this, I'm almost afraid to mention it to the dealer since they'll possibly make me get a new ECU in order to honor my warranty, and I really don't care to know how this car drives without this tune, hah. I wish I knew what software it specifically was so I could be of some more help.

I'll keep you posted, I had a thread about this issue over on VWVortex

Wow what a PITA.. And now that I think of it, if they certified it they most likely returned the ecu to stock form. It wouldn't hurt to just ask I guess. In the end, you plan on tuning the car anyways.

Now if they didn't reinstall the factory software then they certified the car with the tune on the ecu. That means they already are accepting that the car is tuned and that they will cover it. In your benefit, you can then change to what ever software brand you'd like and they wouldn't have any way of telling while still covered under their warranty.

arres

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW MK7 Golf R
Wow what a PITA.. And now that I think of it, if they certified it they most likely returned the ecu to stock form. It wouldn't hurt to just ask I guess. In the end, you plan on tuning the car anyways.

I'm hitting 23-24 psi on the Prosport boost gauge that came with the car, so that's unlikely :p

Now if they didn't reinstall the factory software then they certified the car with the tune on the ecu. That means they already are accepting that the car is tuned and that they will cover it. In your benefit, you can then change to what ever software brand you'd like and they wouldn't have any way of telling while still covered under their warranty.

Also unlikely, I'm sure it was just sloppy on their end, and it'll be a corporate word against my insignificant word whether it came tuned or not.