GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

US cornering lights

adrox88

Passed Driver's Ed
So has anyone else noticed that the cornering lights dont work when the fog lights are on? I dont know if this is just a US spec thing or on all of the MK7s. Either way its lame :confused:

SHFT

Ready to race!
There has been some discussion on this, apparently it's illegal to have that many lights on at one time on the front of the car.

Might be "fixable" via vagcom, but no one has solved it yet.

misaka

Ready to race!
Might work the same way on mk7 gti since it is also mqb, but I changed my headlight module coding to say not north America and I am allowed to used high beams and all weather lights now.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
If it is foggy enough to require fog lights the cornering lights would only bounce back off the fog and reduce visibility. Not sure why fog lights do not automatically turn off as soon as main beam is used as you would not need them on if you can use main beam.:confused:

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
So has anyone else noticed that the cornering lights dont work when the fog lights are on? I dont know if this is just a US spec thing or on all of the MK7s. Either way its lame :confused:

adrox: By design, fog lights have a broad beam pattern that is purposely intended to spread wide and low (to get "under" fog). In this sense, fog lights have a very similar light distribution to cornering lights (and they aren't switched-off at above a certain speed). So fog lights kinda do the same thing as corning lights (hence no need for both to be on together) IMO.