GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Remus catback on 2015 GSW TDI

Motorsport36

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok, so I have combed through 309 forum posts about exhaust and haven’t really found what I’m looking for. Here goes. Please advise on my best course of action. I am looking for a direct replacement (no welding) exhaust to turn my tdi into a dual/quad tip R style. I’m not looking for sound or performance in this mod...just atheistic appeal. I realize I’ll have to replace the diffuser.

Thanks for your input.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Not sure you'll find one, the other golf variants have independent rear suspension and the exhaust comes "through" the rear axle in the center. Ours (I have a golf TDI) comes over the torsion beam rear on the left side.

You could get the valence of your choice and have an exhaust shop delete your muffler and fab up custom pipes with the the tips of your choosing. I have a GTI rear valence. Shop here in Los Angeles fabbed my dual exit with matte black tips for ~$250, including installing the valence.

No difference in sound with no muffler, the emissions equipment muffles any exhaust note we might have. Buying a muffler (if someone makes one with TDI fitment) is likely a waste of money, unless you're DPF deleted.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Motorsport36

Passed Driver's Ed
Not sure you'll find one, the other golf variants have independent rear suspension and the exhaust comes "through" the rear axle in the center. Ours (I have a golf TDI) comes over the torsion beam rear on the left side.

You could get the valence of your choice and have an exhaust shop delete your muffler and fab up custom pipes with the the tips of your choosing. I have a GTI rear valence. Shop here in Los Angeles fabbed my dual exit with matte black tips for ~$250, including installing the valence.

No difference in sound with no muffler, the emissions equipment muffles any exhaust note we might have. Buying a muffler (if someone makes one with TDI fitment) is likely a waste of money, unless you're DPF deleted.

So you just had a shop make a dual for you? Can you post some pics from the rear? I’d like to see how it looks also maybe a few pics of the underside?

Thanks

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
So you just had a shop make a dual for you? Can you post some pics from the rear? I’d like to see how it looks also maybe a few pics of the underside?

Thanks

Yeah that's what I did. If you decide to go this route let me know in this thread and I'll dig up the part numbers for the additional mounts/clips you'll need to properly install a GTI valence (assuming the GSW bumper is the same as the Golf, I haven't seen a GSW up close so I don't know).

On the Golf the GTI valence will Mount without the extra hardware but you'll have some unused holes, some people have used zip ties or not used them at all. The additional hardware was about 30 bucks from my local dealership.

Now for the pics. I tried to get one that shows the clearance over the rear axle. And I feel like my tips are sticking out an inch too far. They don't actually stick out past the rear bumper but they look excessive from the side (to me). Took a picture looking straight down that shows it. Not worth the money to me to have fixed but would have been just as easy to get them exactly where I wanted if I had stayed at the shop while they did the work.

Motorsport36

Passed Driver's Ed
Wow! Looks good. I truly appreciate the insight. I’m not sure if the bumpers are the same or not. I am going with the euro gsw R bumper and diffuser. However, please send me any info you have. It all helps. Looks like I’m gonna need to find a good muffler shop around here.

Thanks again.

Motorsport36

Passed Driver's Ed
I’d like to pick your brain about those wicked nice taillights as well! Let me know, I’d love to run those as well.

Thanks