GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dynablinks vs chinese aliexpress knockoffs

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
Strange. Mine (and I'm sure most others) definitely do not have wires like that. I guess it's an oddity in going aftermarket. My aftermarket ones from ebay were shaped just like the OEM signals, but the connectors weren't a direct fit...I had to use a blade to shave down several parts just to get the plugs into turn signals.

Do those turn signals have only 2 pins in the connector? Based on the translation you got, it almost sounds like that wire is necessary for the little LED light at the bottom of power folding mirrors to work, which typically require 3 pins.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

The turn signals do need 3 pins if you have the “puddle” led under the mirror, the middle pin is for the under mirror light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
Here is the wire I'm referring to. I translated the sticker in Chinese just now and it says Ground Light.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

By “ground light” they mean light that shines on the ground, (under mirror puddle light), normally powered by the middle pin on the turn signal plug, the area the extra wire on these lights protrudes from butts up against the metal structure of the mirror so may well short out over time.

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd
I just installed some Dynamic turning signals that I got from USP Motorsports. Do all the dynamic turning signals on the market not offer the little indicator light that’s aimed towards the passengers? That’s the only part I don’t like about these turning signals. They look awesome still. But I liked that function haha

nonegiven

Go Kart Newbie
I just installed some Dynamic turning signals that I got from USP Motorsports. Do all the dynamic turning signals on the market not offer the little indicator light that’s aimed towards the passengers? That’s the only part I don’t like about these turning signals. They look awesome still. But I liked that function haha
You might try reading this thread.

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd
Last edited:

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
I read some it and saw only the clear ones do from what I saw...
This is correct, my Dynablinks didn't have it but my clear Ebay ones do.

Last edited:

eXult

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 GTI SE 6MT
Just a follow up for everyone...I purchased these from Ebay per previous recommendations in this thread.

I had asked about the extra cord and like someone else mentioned, I simply taped the cord to the piece and ignored it. They were for the puddle lights which I do not have. Left blinker worked right away, however the right one did not at first. I noticed one of the 3 pins was slightly bent upwards which made it not have contact with the cable connectors. Simply bending it down took care of it (quite possible that I bent it myself when first plugging the cable).

The lights look great. I love how bright they are and I still get the indicator inside the mirror. Installation was easy, much easier than some videos made it seem (some people had a hard time removing the OEM light from the casing; the trick is to remove the indicator plastic piece from within the casing before trying to yank it out).

jxkim

Passed Driver's Ed
original dynablinks with chinese mirror caps

Attachments

• IMG_20190113_151123.jpg
    IMG_20190113_151123.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 374

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion
I purchased a set from Urotuning. Looks like quality made. Says DOT SAE on it.

Any pics or other details? Inside mirror indicator still function? I've been eye-balling those.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Somehow I feel like there is still some confusion about being aware that there are two visible turn indicator lights when facing the side mirror. One is the useless idiot light, and the other is the much brighter, actual turn indicator for other drivers to see.

MyGolfIsSlow

Passed Driver's Ed
I've got a set off of Alibaba shipped for 80$ CAD and they work like a charm. super simple instal and they fit perfectly. I got the smoked ones, wasn't really feeling the clear option they offered. I find that they are perfectly visible even during the day. I personally looked the darker look due to the fact that it kinda blended in with the mirror cap. (My car is black)