GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

United Motorsports Alltrack/4mo Tune

project92raddoslc

Go Kart Champion
UM just released 1.8t MQB software within the past few weeks. They advertise is20/38 files which are pretty much built to order around your car. Anyone have one yet? I'm interested but my local UM dealer needs the car for atleast a full day to build a file and log the car which I am not interested in without having actual power figures.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Where does it say they will custom tailor the IS20/38 maps?

UM just released 1.8t MQB software within the past few weeks. They advertise is20/38 files which are pretty much built to order around your car. Anyone have one yet? I'm interested but my local UM dealer needs the car for atleast a full day to build a file and log the car which I am not interested in without having actual power figures.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
Ooh, I hadn't heard of UM releasing 1.8t tunes. That's awesome, I always hear good things about UM.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
I'm getting conflicting pricing of $500 and $700 for new IS20 1.8 tunes. I'm waiting to hear back directly from UM.

I'm trying to figure out how their adjustable tunes work also. Ideally I'd like a 91/93 octane timing map with a with the ability to handle anything from 15psi to 26 psi. I'd like to have the map set at 15 psi and control boost with my JB4.

UM also has haldex tunes. =)

Ooh, I hadn't heard of UM releasing 1.8t tunes. That's awesome, I always hear good things about UM.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
It's 700, 500 for the base tune and 200 more for the OEM turbo upgrade.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Got confirmation from UM that the Alltrack IS20 tune is $700. That's $500 for the tune, then $200 for the IS20 settings. That makes no sense at all. APR charges the same price for a IS20 as a IS12 for a new user. Yes, APR is CHEAPER! Mind blown.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
New firmware for JB4 out. Allows boost by gear lower than the base flash. Could be great for you FWD manual guys. ;)

I'm avoiding UM as long as I can because of the pricing. Maestro does more and is only a bit more expensive. JB4 is also awesome for users who want to have more control of what their car does.
It's 700, 500 for the base tune and 200 more for the OEM turbo upgrade.

Drader

Passed Driver's Ed
Another way to look at the pricing:

Say you want a stage 1 tune = $599 at APR, $500 at UM

Later you want to add an is38; update tune at APR costs $399, only costs $200 at UM
Now you want a TCU tune = $699 at APR, only $500 at UM

Doing all this you spent nearly $500 more at APR.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Maestro is cheaper in the long run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Or UM will just charge you more off the bat. Upgrade fee makes sense. Charging more off the bat does not. I asked them how they justify the difference, they told me adjustable maps. I'm still not clear what the adjustments do. It's another 400 to be able to be able to adjust it yourself.

I wish the Eurodyne site was better. I think Maesro is what I really want, but I'm not about that doing pulls all night and tuning anymore. If I went the Maestro route, my social life would disappear for 6 months, and I could end up in jail. Haha

Another way to look at the pricing:

Say you want a stage 1 tune = $599 at APR, $500 at UM

Later you want to add an is38; update tune at APR costs $399, only costs $200 at UM
Now you want a TCU tune = $699 at APR, only $500 at UM

Doing all this you spent nearly $500 more at APR.

project92raddoslc

Go Kart Champion
Ended up doing APR IS20 and DSG tune yesterday. I can't afford to have my car down so they can custom map a file. According to my tuner they treat our cars like a big turbo car and there's datalogging and revisions before they can ship the call.

Overall very happy with the APR combo. The car drive night and day better than it did with JB4 and has considerable more power across the board.