GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

More options & color choices for the US Golf R

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Signed, but not sure how much 50 sigs is going to matter. Especially when every Golf R is being sold at msrp or very close.

ssaylor

Passed Driver's Ed
Signed, but not sure how much 50 sigs is going to matter. Especially when every Golf R is being sold at msrp or very close.

I agree. 50 is nothing. I didn’t see an option for number of sigs but requested help editing that to 1 or 2 hundred. Selling at or near MSRP, frequently over, tells me there are buyers willing to spend more on options and custom exterior colors. I certainly would have ordered a Viper Green R with Homelink and folding rear view mirrors had they been available.

pnwbrdr

Ready to race!
Niche of a niche. The car sells at such low volumes here, VWoA probably doesn't want to deal with creating the extra columns in a spreadsheet...

For less than the cost of the custom colors, you could just take your car to a vinyl shop and get it wrapped... Then you're not buying a color that'll be hard to sell later, and your paint will be pristine.

Some of the other options would be nice, but might start creeping in on the Audi market a bit too much. No question VWoA would rather you buy the higher margin Audi product.

Mk7Will

Ready to race!
2019 will have you choice of otption colors. If anyone is looking and want color options I.e Canada in the US just wait til 2019

ssaylor

Passed Driver's Ed
2019 will have you choice of otption colors. If anyone is looking and want color options I.e Canada in the US just wait til 2019

After 4 production years of the MK7, I’d like to believe that. Source of your intel?

cb1111

Will the color choices be worth $3k? If Canada or Europe are examples, then Oryx will cost money too.

We all say "more colors" but who will actually pony up the money for the colors?

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
No way in all the fiery levels of hell would I pay three large for a different color on a Golf. I love my R, yeah, but I wouldn't even pay extra for a fancy color on an Audi or BMW, much less a VW. Three grand is such a substantial percentage of the MSRP that it moves right into "uh uh, no way" territory for me.

Though I'd love an R in that green the GTI gets.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Thats good news. It would be interesting to know the color options available in US and ofcourse the pricing.

ssaylor

Passed Driver's Ed
Thats good news. It would be interesting to know the color options available in US and ofcourse the pricing.

Well, I told my wife the 17 would be my last new car. I suppose she’ll want a trip to Europe if I talk my way into a 19. There have been so many new features added since my 17 it should be an easy case to pitch.

2018 New Features
- [x] Exterior colors
- [x] 7 year warranty
- [x] Park distance control & Park Pilot
- [x] Full driver assistance - (cruise, blind spot, collision & rear cross traffic avoidance + lane departure, pedestrian avoidance)
- [x] Digital gauge display
- [x] LED headlights/taillights
- [x] 8” touchscree n nav
- [x] Opening storage center console

I might pitch a lease on this one.