GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VCDS Question - DRL and Fog lights

Yppf77

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
Hello guys,

So I am pretty new to coding in VCDS and recently bought a Euro Switch I was pretty annoyed on how dim the DRL's get when you run the fog lights. I edited the "(14)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimmwert EF 2 (left side)
(14)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimmwert EF 3 (right side) " after turning it up from 26 to 100 I found when I run the headlights at night the DRL's are still at 100. Is there a setting where I can have the DRL's and Fogs on and have them at 100 and when I turn the headlights on they dim to lets say 50%?

Thanks for the replies in advance!!

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
I think you might need to mess with the order on the channels. I would recommend posting in the VCDS thread and DV52 or someone else will more readily see it possibly. I believe stock value for DRLs is either 35 or 38 but can't recall.

What is your current channel map for those 2 channels? I'm pretty sure it's just a matter of changing priority but it's been awhile since I've brushed up on my Leuchte programming.

AZGTI2

Ready to race!
Hello guys,

So I am pretty new to coding in VCDS and recently bought a Euro Switch I was pretty annoyed on how dim the DRL's get when you run the fog lights. I edited the "(14)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimmwert EF 2 (left side)
(14)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimmwert EF 3 (right side) " after turning it up from 26 to 100 I found when I run the headlights at night the DRL's are still at 100. Is there a setting where I can have the DRL's and Fogs on and have them at 100 and when I turn the headlights on they dim to lets say 50%?

Thanks for the replies in advance!!

There is a setting to run drls with fogs. I'm running it now. Msg me in case I forget

AZGTI2

Ready to race!
Found it.

Fog lights with DRLs

09 - Central Electronics

Adaptation - 10

(5)-Leuchte12NL LB45-Lichfunktion B 12 -> "Daytime running lights" (default "not active")

(5)-Leuchte13NL RB5-Lichfunktion B 13 -> "Daytime running lights" (default "not active

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Does it keep the factory dimming when the headlights are on?

Yppf77

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
Found it.

Fog lights with DRLs

09 - Central Electronics

Adaptation - 10

(5)-Leuchte12NL LB45-Lichfunktion B 12 -> "Daytime running lights" (default "not active")

(5)-Leuchte13NL RB5-Lichfunktion B 13 -> "Daytime running lights" (default "not active

Awesome Ima give it a try today and let you guys know!

Yppf77

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
Does it keep the factory dimming when the headlights are on?

Just tried it on my car it keeps the factory settings on the dimming when the headlights are on. I changed the: (14)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimmwert EF 2 (left side) - (14)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimmwert EF 3 (right side) to 60 on my car so when the headlights are on they dim to 60% instead of 26%

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
...I was pretty annoyed on how dim the DRL's get when you run the fog lights...Is there a setting where I can have the DRL's and Fogs on and have them at 100 and when I turn the headlights on they dim to lets say 50%?

So is there a definitive answer for this? I read through a few threads and haven't found an answer.

I would like my DRLs not to dim when I switch on the fog lights while in parking mode. But * I do not* want to do the coding that run fog lights constantly as DRLs. I would still like to be able to turn the fogs on and off with the switch.

euroslvt

So is there a definitive answer for this? I read through a few threads and haven't found an answer.

I would like my DRLs not to dim when I switch on the fog lights while in parking mode. But * I do not* want to do the coding that run fog lights constantly as DRLs. I would still like to be able to turn the fogs on and off with the switch.

Just wondering if there was ever an answer for this question? I am also curious.

jackalope

Ready to race!
Found it.

Fog lights with DRLs

09 - Central Electronics

Adaptation - 10

Thank you for posting this. I'm going to try this on my Alltrack because people seem to have trouble seeing my black car. May also tint my fog lights amber to make them stand out more from sunlight

Exley

Passed Driver's Ed
I've done this tweak on mine. Here is how one of my DRLs is setup.

Code:
3SL VRB21	 

Lichtfunkion A3	Tagfahrlicht

Lichtfunkion B3	nicht aktiv

Dimmwert AB3	100

lichtansteuerung HD AB3	always

lichtfunkion C3	Standlicht allgemein (Schlusslicht, Positionslicht, Begrenzungslicht)

lichtfunkion D3	Parklicht rechts

Dimmwert CD3	45

Dimming Directrion CD3	Maximize

lichtfunktion E3	Blinken rechts aktiv (beide phasen)

lichtfunktion F3	nicht aktiv

Dimmwert EF3	26

Dimming direction EF3	Minimize

Lichtfunktion G3	Abblendlicht rechts 

lichtfunktion H3	Nicht aktiv

Dimmwert GH3	26

Dimming direction GH3	Minimize

Technically each running light is controlled by two different sets of commands. The TFL commands are for when the Daytime running lights are on and the SL commands are for when the parking lights are on and the DRLs are off. In stock config the DRLs take precedence when they are on. To do what you are asking, you should only need to modify the SL set of commands for left and right. Once you pull the switch for fogs on the euro switch the DRLs are disabled. It's been a little while since i did this tweak so my info is scattered but i'm glad to help.

The brightness set above are:
Tagfahrlicht (DRL) 100%

Standlicht allgemein (Schlusslicht, Positionslicht, Begrenzungslicht) (parking lights) 45%
This is the brightness that is used when the fog switch is on. Be careful there are two different parking light commands for left and right. Keep them straight if you ever want to use single sided parking lights.

Blinken rechts aktiv (beide phasen) (signaling right both bright and dark phases) 26% (stock is 0%)

Abblendlicht rechts (lowbeam right side) 26%
This keeps the lights dimming when you turn your headlights on. Don't go too bright on this one or you'll blind people at night.

the commands have to be in the correct order for the precedence to work correctly. The lower the command is on the list, the HIGHER priority it has. Therefore the lowbeam command at G3 on the list takes precedence over the parking light brightness at C3

Last edited:

euroslvt

I've done this tweak on mine. Here is how one of my DRLs is setup.

Code:
3SL VRB21	 

Lichtfunkion A3	Tagfahrlicht

Lichtfunkion B3	nicht aktiv

Dimmwert AB3	100

lichtansteuerung HD AB3	always

lichtfunkion C3	Standlicht allgemein (Schlusslicht, Positionslicht, Begrenzungslicht)

lichtfunkion D3	Parklicht rechts

Dimmwert CD3	45

Dimming Directrion CD3	Maximize

lichtfunktion E3	Blinken rechts aktiv (beide phasen)

lichtfunktion F3	nicht aktiv

Dimmwert EF3	26

Dimming direction EF3	Minimize

Lichtfunktion G3	Abblendlicht rechts 

lichtfunktion H3	Nicht aktiv

Dimmwert GH3	26

Dimming direction GH3	Minimize

Technically each running light is controlled by two different sets of commands. The TFL commands are for when the Daytime running lights are on and the SL commands are for when the parking lights are on and the DRLs are off. In stock config the DRLs take precedence when they are on. To do what you are asking, you should only need to modify the SL set of commands for left and right. Once you pull the switch for fogs on the euro switch the DRLs are disabled. It's been a little while since i did this tweak so my info is scattered but i'm glad to help.

The brightness set above are:
Tagfahrlicht (DRL) 100%

Standlicht allgemein (Schlusslicht, Positionslicht, Begrenzungslicht) (parking lights) 45%
This is the brightness that is used when the fog switch is on. Be careful there are two different parking light commands for left and right. Keep them straight if you ever want to use single sided parking lights.

Blinken rechts aktiv (beide phasen) (signaling right both bright and dark phases) 26% (stock is 0%)

Abblendlicht rechts (lowbeam right side) 26%
This keeps the lights dimming when you turn your headlights on. Don't go too bright on this one or you'll blind people at night.

the commands have to be in the correct order for the precedence to work correctly. The lower the command is on the list, the HIGHER priority it has. Therefore the lowbeam command at G3 on the list takes precedence over the parking light brightness at C3

Sorry, but I cannot find any of these settings on a 2019 using VCDS.