VCID: 45819FDFC4A3C5091CD-8010

No fault code found.

cgentil

Passed Driver's Ed
A

Last edited:

cgentil

Passed Driver's Ed
Look, on final I have C0 and byte 29 empty when I try to put 05 on byte 29 it gives me error. Byte 29 is empty for me since all time.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Look, on final I have C0 and byte 29 empty when I try to put 05 on byte 29 it gives me error. Byte 29 is empty for me since all time.

Go onto VCDS Rosstech forum & post question there, but all HW, SW etc is completely different to mine...

It may not accept the coding...

cgentil

Passed Driver's Ed
Go onto VCDS Rosstech forum & post question there, but all HW, SW etc is completely different to mine...

It may not accept the coding...

You had byte 29 empty or it had something?

Hotwire1

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello, 2017 GSW High line with ALL THE GOODIES. I'm looking to update to the ECS/ASR and Mode select buttons on one sidd, amd add the TPMS button ton the other. Iv already ordered the switches and wiring. I'm hoping to get this wrapprd up over a weekend. This tutorial is great but I'm looking for a little more on the TPMS and Mode buttons. Is the mode select an added module? Software?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Hello, 2017 GSW High line with ALL THE GOODIES. I'm looking to update to the ECS/ASR and Mode select buttons on one sidd, amd add the TPMS button ton the other. Iv already ordered the switches and wiring. I'm hoping to get this wrapprd up over a weekend. This tutorial is great but I'm looking for a little more on the TPMS and Mode buttons. Is the mode select an added module? Software?

MODE was standard in UK, so not done, but info is in a thread in this DIY section of forum..

TPMS switch I did a how to guide here:-

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26020

jedadiah

My North American Golf TDI S doesn't have a 5th pin in the T17d housing, so I'll need to run a wire directly from my switch to the ABS unit. Does anyone know what the VW terminal that goes into the ABS connector is? MQS? MCON? Micro Timer? and if so then what wire gauge? Buying the terminals is way cheaper than buying repair wires.

Heres the best page I've ever found for identifying pins https://www.a4-freunde.com/showwiki....s+dazu+gehoert

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
My North American Golf TDI S doesn't have a 5th pin in the T17d housing, so I'll need to run a wire directly from my switch to the ABS unit. Does anyone know what the VW terminal that goes into the ABS connector is? MQS? MCON? Micro Timer? and if so then what wire gauge? Buying the terminals is way cheaper than buying repair wires.

Heres the best page I've ever found for identifying pins https://www.a4-freunde.com/showwiki....s+dazu+gehoert

Look at above post link to TPMS thread where I wired to ABS unit......also I used 0.5mm2 (cross sectional area not diameter)..is the choice of wire for these items & matched the OEM wires & the OEM repair wires are in different sizes & I think this was the thickest for that connector...

Hotwire1

Passed Driver's Ed
I ordered the Aliexpress harness.. But its been almost 2 months for delivery. I have the instructions and Pin numbers. but I am not sure of the pin style for the connectors.

any idea how I figure out what style I need? i bought the two "Repair wires" suggested at the beginning of the thread. The wires go to the BCM plug C.

thank you very much

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Does this kit include everything I need? My car currently has no buttons at all (Base model golf)
[Also, any idea if it's possible to repurpose the other buttons? I'd like to wire them up to a garage door opener hidden in the dash somewhere.

Looks like it has all you need...& yes other people have repurposed one of the other buttons for a garage door opener..several threads on here about it...