GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

active info display retrofit?

SoLiTeR

i want to retrofit the active info display on my 2013 mk7 golf, i can buy one off ebay but i have a few questions.

1) do i have to do physicall modifications to the place where the new cluster will be so it will fit? or will it just fit without any modifications?

2) from what i saw there is only one connector in the back of the new cluster so is it just plugging it in to the connector and coding? i saw i need a fibre optic cable? didnt see one in my car.

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
Hrm, as far as my (arguably limited) knowledge goes, the only transplants for the active info display have been on MIB 2 units.

I know some shops have managed the retrofit, might be worth reaching out to them to see if they think MIB 2 is a requirement.

ofektal12

Ready to race!
Hrm, as far as my (arguably limited) knowledge goes, the only transplants for the active info display have been on MIB 2 units.

I know some shops have managed the retrofit, might be worth reaching out to them to see if they think MIB 2 is a requirement.
i'll upgrade to mib 2 anyway so i need to it first.

in my country i dont think anyone knows anything about this cluster. thats why i ask you guys

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk