GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Factory air duct with dual cut outs

TJN

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S
I've read somewhere that some MK7's have dual openings in the air duct from the factory. Can anyone confirm if it's true and possibly provide a part number?

I'm not interested in cutting it out myself but rather want a factory spare piece.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I've read somewhere that some MK7's have dual openings in the air duct from the factory. Can anyone confirm if it's true and possibly provide a part number?

I'm not interested in cutting it out myself but rather want a factory spare piece.

As far as I know there is only one opening.
At
The front you can cut open the driver side but this really will not improve anything. The stock intake is a good design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TJN

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S
Someone on MK7 FB page said that Golf R comes with dual openings but not sure how accurate that statement is.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Someone on MK7 FB page said that Golf R comes with dual openings but not sure how accurate that statement is.

Translates into BS 99% of the time.:D

Reactions: kep
Are we talking about this?

Then yes, it's available. I actually even do have a GTI sitting in the garage with these.

TJN

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S
Are we talking about this?

Then yes, it's available. I actually even do have a GTI sitting in the garage with these.

If you do have factory air duct with dual openings, could you post a part # ?

I once purchased one for an R based on suggestion from MK7 FB page and it was the same with one opening as I already had. So now unless I have a part number, I won't waste any more $$$.

Thanks in advance!

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
The R has dual openings. Above is the Clubsport, no? Makes sense for it to have it as well. One difference between the golf and the gti/R is that their grill is tight to the hood. That's why they have the extra slots cut in the flat section in front of it. On the golf, the hood and grill don't meet up. There is enough space to see the cut out and almost fit a finger between it. A skinny finger would fit. Lol. I'm not sure on the alltrack though

Gro Harlem

Ready to race!
I don't understand what those vents even do? if you remove the grille they are basically allowing airflow on top of your radiator/IC and do not benefit your airbox or engine bay ventilation in any fathomable way.

Am I missing something?

oh and for sake of clarification my 2016 GSW does not have those vent slats on either side of my grille.

TJN

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S
I think there is a confusion here. I'm referring to a part I posted a picture of in post #6 above. It's a tract that guides the air to the air box. The one I have only has one cutout on the passenger side.

Again I'm not talking about vents on top of the grille.

treybyday

Passed Driver's Ed
Like this?

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Just cut out mine out. It wasn't hard and you get an OEM replace for 3somthinng bucks
Do you happen to have a P/N handy?