GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 and maintenance

1.8wolfie

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a question with maintenance and the jb4. Since the JB4 is plugged in to the obd port, if you brought your car in for service and left the jb4 in, could it be unplugged at the port and updates and scanning be completed by the mechanic? Or will I need to really take it fully out when I get service?

Slick99

Ready to race!
I have a question with maintenance and the jb4. Since the JB4 is plugged in to the obd port, if you brought your car in for service and left the jb4 in, could it be unplugged at the port and updates and scanning be completed by the mechanic? Or will I need to really take it fully out when I get service?

i would suggest to remove jb4 before sending your car for service.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Remove it completely before any service to avoid any future warranty issues should something happen.

abracadabra1

Passed Driver's Ed
On a related note, what's the impact of running the JB4 with the OBD port not connected (i.e. OBDeleven plugged in while engine running)?

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
On a related note, what's the impact of running the JB4 with the OBD port not connected (i.e. OBDeleven plugged in while engine running)?

It will fall back to a +3 PSI map, from what George has explained.

1.8wolfie

Passed Driver's Ed

This is pretty much what I'm asking. I'm not talking about bringing my car to the dealership to get serviced. Would be a independent mechanic anyway. The free oil change I get doesn't make up for the annoyance of having to take out my jb4 every time.