GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

mk7 gti vs the world

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
Except my tune was done in a few hours on the dyno. Sorry bout your hurt butt though

It’s nothing personal, it’s just that the whole APR thing has been beaten to death in the forum.
Generalizing about every APR out there being slower than any 5051 tune is wrong IMO.
Apparently I did the same thing saying that it takes for ever to get revisions under 5051 when apparently you can have it tune and done in the same day, my mistake.

mk7rip

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7
It’s nothing personal, it’s just that the whole APR thing has been beaten to death in the forum.
Generalizing about every APR out there being slower than any 5051 tune is wrong IMO.
Apparently I did the same thing saying that it takes for ever to get revisions under 5051 when apparently you can have it tune and done in the same day, my mistake.

Nothing against APR. If it was a Unitronic/GIAC/Eurodyne OTS/Cobb OTS/JB4/whatever else car I'd have said the same thing.

You're comparing apples to oranges. I'm aware that some people do wait a while for revisions. However, 95% of people that complain about waiting don't need a revision. They're just assuming that they'll continue to get revisions either until the end of time or their car makes 500whp.

On the other hand, 5150 tunes are undeniably better than APR tunes. That's just the way it is. Trying to argue that a flash tune is better than a protune just shows how misinformed you are.

Last edited: