GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Kia Soul?

JCAT

My cousin has one and has been happy with it. There is a big recall on them right now though for an issue that can cause an engine fire so you should look into that if you're considering a used one.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I think they ride too harsh but you might not. I put them in the same category of toy cars I put others like it into.

dmazyn

Passed Driver's Ed
I had one for a few years before I got my GTI. It did it's job ride is a little rough but had enough room for my family.

Mine was in the years with the gas milage fiasco and the true gas milage is not that good.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I only see old people driving them in Florida. They like them because they're cheap, you sit higher than a car, and they can carry stuff. I'd rather be in my Golf in an accident because it seems like the Soul will crush like an aluminum can.

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
I only see old people driving them in Florida. They like them because they're cheap, you sit higher than a car, and they can carry stuff. I'd rather be in my Golf in an accident because it seems like the Soul will crush like an aluminum can.

Crash tests demonstrate otherwise. IIHS gives it a "Top Safety Pick".

Albee

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI
We bought one for our son when he graduated from high school. It's a 2014 with the 2.0 engine. It has 80,000 miles and has been reliable. It certainly isn't fun to drive like the GTI, but I don't think it's underpowered for normal driving. It has every option and I think is alot for the money.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
I drove one of those shitboxes through the Smokey mountains. JFC what a mistake that was. Constantly searching for gears to maintain 70mph on the hills, so damn underpowered.

Didn't even get good MPG, on the flats I don't even think that cube got 30mpg

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
We bought one for our son when he graduated from high school. It's a 2014 with the 2.0 engine. It has 80,000 miles and has been reliable. It certainly isn't fun to drive like the GTI, but I don't think it's underpowered for normal driving. It has every option and I think is alot for the money.

Kids and horsepower don't mix anyway.