GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Auto dipping N/S mirror

Denny1

Passed Driver's Ed
Mine doesn’t work, never thought about it until my wife used the car. She asked me if it has one.
I went on setup and it was ticked to dip on reverse. Any ideas please.

Jayzeable

Passed Driver's Ed
You must turn the mirror control knob to ‘L’ for it to work on a Rh drive car (uk), in addition to activating the feature on the console.

Jayzeable

Passed Driver's Ed
It’s a sh1t design method of controlling this feature imo, I think VW messed up here!! They should of had a push button for defrost mirrors like the rear window.
When you need to activate the heated mirrors, the folding mirror becomes inoperable, and you need to remember to turn it back.

Ok, you don’t need the dip mirror if they are frosted, but after they have defrosted like when I arrive at work, I need to remember to reset the knob back.

Denny1

Passed Driver's Ed
It’s on L switch. Our driveway is on a slope that’s when she noticed it.
Mirror does work by using the knob but not when in reverse.

Jayzeable

Passed Driver's Ed
It might be worth checking the mirror memory location?

As I suspect, there are two memory settings on the N/S. The user sets one when in the dipped position and another for driving.

Just thinking, if the two positions where the same you may not see it move much, if at all.

...I’d try setting the console to dipped, along with the control knob to ‘L’, and select reverse. This should activate the dipped position.

Now I’d set the dipped position of the N/S mirror you require, using the joystick. Hopefully when you come out of reverse, the mirror should raise back to the normal driving setting.

Fingers crossed.

marvin1

Ready to race!
I can't be arsed with that feature now. I just leave my knob in the 'R' position and when I reverse I initially hole the knob down to dip both mirrors until I can see the kerb or white lines for reversing into a parking space.

Rob Carbon

I thought mine didn't work either until I read how to set it properly in the handbook, they are remote fob specific as well, so you can have two different settings depending on which fob you unlock the car with. If I remember how to save the settings I will update this post.

Denny1

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks ?

I thought mine didn't work either until I read how to set it properly in the handbook, they are remote fob specific as well, so you can have two different settings depending on which fob you unlock the car with. If I remember how to save the settings I will update this post.

Jayzeable

Passed Driver's Ed
Did you activate the dipping mirror by selecting reverse gear too?

Jayzeable

Passed Driver's Ed
[emoji1360]
...I just don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t work with your settings.

Do you have VCDS..? ... might be worth checking if your car has the memory module fitted and this feature actually on your car.

fangio1

When you're in reverse with the ignition on and the knob turned to L, you can adjust the amount of dip by pushing the knob up or down. This pre-sets how far it dips.