GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Easthood Racing's Time Attack/Getaway Driver GTI

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
Easthood Racing Time Attack GTI

NOTE: This thread to start is a rebooting of my build thread i started awhile ago.

New updates will be at the bottom! Hit that apex!

(2/15/2015)

So this thread is mostly for my own amusement but hopefully it helps a few others out. My goal is to do some fun mostly cosmetic (maybe eurospeed box later) things that are low coast and simple to do.

Car is a PP/LP S. With currently 532 miles (yes i drove a lot in the week that i had it)

Mod List so far.
1.Cravenspeed Plate holder (Platypus)-DONE(Feb)
2. Rally Armor Mudflaps-DONE (march)
3. Deep Wheel Rims (sub 600 for all 4 rims)
5. VWR lowering
6.Eurospeed Plug n play
7. Speaker Install
8.Tint (DONE-160-35/20%)
9. Spulen-DONE (june) (reviewd 6/19)
10. GFB DV+ (June)(6/19)

I'm also considering some tune options along with intakes. It needs to be stuff that I can do in under an hour with a modest tool set with no garage.

First up. The MUDFLAPS
Now i decided to go with Rally Armor
http://www.rallyarmor.com/index.php

Now these are a hot topic around here. Some think they are cool others go

I had them on my old car and they lasted very well 5 years in fact
I liked the bit of aggressiveness they have, as of now I have only done the fronts. The rears will come later (tomorrow) along with the platypus.

FIRST
Get MATS

Untitled by djfrozone, on Flickr

Sweet

Now Tools. I used the existing screws need a TORX t10 bit to do so.

I winged this whole thing. The mats are adjustable so there is no preset hole. I lined them up as best i could n just drilled away. I used a bit smaller than the actual screw so it would be snug.

I wanted only a bit of the side to stick out to get that slight stance and to get a few more rocks that fly at me.

So thats it for now. I'll edit this n keep it moving after tomorrow

EDIT: 3/5

SO. I did the rears today. In the snow. It sucked. BUT I wanted to do it like this on purpose. I did not take off the rear wheel. I CANNOT STRESS HOW MUCH EASIER THIS IS WITH THE WHEEL OFF LIKE FUUUUUCK.

Anyways

Tool list for the back is the same as the front with some additions

Right angle screw driver makes it so much eaiser this one fits into my existing drill set.

THe drill bit i used was a 9/64

T 20 is the bit you need

After about 30-40 Mintues

License Plate PICS!!

Its very easy to install. Just make sure you use some thing soft to get that tow hook thing off and make sure its tight. Very simple and solid product so far! Shout out to craven speed

So overall Good! I really like the look from the back. And the wider flaps give it a bit of stance and aggression. I will be getting the more expensive rally armour ones later but i did this as a test fit and to fit in my cheap DIY mod lifestyle. These are great i just like the build quality of the pro series.

GET THEM.
6/19/2015 Review

OK SO Spulen SS

I was able to get this for about 70 off of amazon with free shipping. GREAT DEAL imo

Followed that install to a T and it went flawlessly, the hardest part was puling the air box out and the tapping on that drive shaft piece.

I really enjoy the short shift. Its not incredibly aggressive such as a race SS kit however the throw is much shorter and super fun. I would say the build quality is very good. its a solid piece def lighter than the OEM one yet seems like it can take some abuse. A very cheap and well worth it mod. Makes the shifting smoother and less notchy for sure. Took a few minutes to get used to the throw. I feel it should have been like this stock honestly.

REVIEW: GFB DV+
I got this item on a whim. I really wanted to do some mods but had no cash. scored this one for far below retail but still worth it. Install is very straight forward

PLEASE Double check you have everything installed before you tighten it all down. and GET THAT 5mm hex joint. you need the long one. Its very difficult to do it without.

Easy install no EPC lights and a considerable improvement. The butt dyno really likes it, its very good at holding boost. now when i hit 4-5k on the boost it holds well. almost no lag in between shifts, throttle response is very predictable and smooth. the shifting is also smoother even after the install fo the SS Kit. Turbo noise is louder and sometimes you can hear a slight woosh on lift off no where near BOV level so if thats what you want this is not the route. Really like it so far, makes the car more fun to drive and not to expensive and easily removable if needed.

10/30/16
So its been journey. To Bring everything up to speed +20k miles
I stayed true to my original goals but have since modified one key aspect.

I.Need.To.Run.A.Circuit.

Living in upstate NY there aren't a lot of road courses available. Since becoming comfortable with the car and some upgrades in life I can now moderately afford to look at doing HPDE and other track events. I also will be working with some local chump car groups to get even more track time.

While the majority of mods i have done have been low purchase cost (i.e. used) things are swinging in the other direction. I still believe you don't need to spend stacks to have this car be competitive in its class, yet some things i learned you have to pay for. tires being one. suspension is the other. Doing auto-x last year and just my own testing has got me into this thing fully now. If I could I would just buy a TCR outright but for now this will do

Mod List so far.

1.Cravenspeed Plate holder (Platypus)-DONE(Feb)
2. Rally Armor Mudflaps-DONE (march)
3. Deep Wheel Rims (sub 600 for all 4 rims)
VMR 705 (couldn't find a dish i liked) 18x8 Et35
5. VWR lowering-
Springs yep they work.
6.nuespeed Plug n play-
Switched this up and got a JB1 and been super happy with this. Seriously best purchase by far. Thanks George

7. Speaker Install
This is on the back burner. There isn't a convient way for me to do this. May go helix sub in the future but focused on speed now. (short work commute so its not a biggie)

Since then I have added
  • Raceseng Sphereology Knob
    -Super awesome and install wasn't bad either. Really impressed with this one.
  • Injen SP Intake
    -Open intake and it does its job. Personally I LOVE the sound it makes.
  • 034 Dogbone
    -Does as advertised
  • Pirelli Pzero Rossas 235/40/18-
    -Not a bad tire. I wasn't ready to drop 700+ on tires when i first got the car. The rossa was a great smooooooooth tire. For an every day DD and a few Auto X events they did great. Got em for 350 a set from tire rack. Solid in the rain as well. First tire i have ever had that you could feel it warm up as you drive. From house to onramp it was ehh but a 1/2 mile or so on the highway and they are ready to go. Having that level of grip around corners was fantastic. Would buy again if I wasn't going to do HPDE things, prolonged high temps it wasn't as rewarding so not something i want to use on a circuit at all.

Whats next?

• Supersports-I know they aren't a "trackday" tire. However given my short commute and i'm thinking maybe 4 days of track use I should be ok. They are summer tires and the majority of the time it will be highway and cruising so i can't really justify race tires just yet.
  • GT Wing- This will be a fun project for me. I'm currently talking to a place that can get me a one-off GT wing similar to what they use for the GTI TCR (Drool). Have to do some fittings and just waiting on the wing to be ready to go out. Pictures will be flowing heavy but I'm super happy to have an option besides your standard lip spoiler.
  • Coilovers-Lord knows. This will just happen. I'm partial to no brand. Whatever I pick up is what I get. Most likely going to be STs tho.
  • Splitter- To match the wings of course and to be functional. I'm leaning more towards custom again unless a manufacture makes a usable wing thats NOT carbon fiber. I really don't care for the look of it and I'm not really worried about weight.
  • Control Arms-Seem cool and looks like fun mod to do
  • Hatch Pop Kit-you already know why!
  • ST Sway-I don't have enough experience to justify any bar over another. So the cheapest wins here. May go bathing front and rear later but for now lets keep it simple.
  • Anything Burger Tuning makes ever-Seriously George lets talk stock options. Jb4 and BMS Intake coming soon.

More pics coming soon.

Last edited:

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
Last edited:

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
Let's see the red lettering on the tires.
More on the wing also.
Looks like one I have seen in pics but never found it sold anywhere.
Is it one you can remove when not racing?

DSC_0325 by djfrozone, on Flickr

here ya go. Wing pics are gonna have to wait. tis the only one i have currently.

DSC_0330 by djfrozone, on Flickr

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
SO UPDATES!

Race wing should be here in a week or so.

AEROFORCE Gauge pod is here
Glowshift Pod -is here
ECS Boost tap is coming

New pics coming soon and a possible sponsorship with a regional Auto Detailer! Fingers crossed.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
Bold!
Good for you doing what you want.
I like the VMR 5 spoke wheels.
Would be nice to have a Silver set for winter should I ever stop running the Austins

CHeers! I liked them as it allows the GTI lettering to be shown. Solid weight as well. Can't wait to put new tires on. I actually have to decide If im going to go with red lettering again or back to white.

The red lettering fucking POPPED when clean. I was so happy it wasn't a dull red or something of the sort.

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
Updates: Wing should be here tuesday and fitted thursday. VERY excited as I will be one of the only people in the country to have a true GT wing.

Installed Aeroforcetech Pod with Glowshift boost gauge. paired with ecs boost tap and things are awesome. Great quality all around and inexpensive to boot.

Newest Plan is to upgrade the brakes. I have done many things but nothing to improve stopping power. Not the smartest idea.

USP stainless steel lines
Ferdo DS2500 Brake pads
ATE 200 fluid.

Those three changes should put me into a decent range of safety for the track applications I will be participating in.

Getting ready for 40s!

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
New updates coming:

MSS Spring Kit incoming!

GTI BMSPEC Wing is installed!

*sorry I'm really shit at updating this sort of thing haha.

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
So I will leave it to the forum. I can start a new thread if needed but First I will try it here.

This car has seen rapid change since my last post and its odd for me because I'm not a "journal" person. I tend to just get work done /test/ and go on about my day. This is my new attempt to help ppl understand what i have done and how fucking awesome it is.

Thats a photo from this winter.
At the time

VWR Springs
Injen Intake
DP
JB1
Freshly Installed BMSPEC WING
Snow Tires lol

Since then things have...changed

The Current List of parts on this car has seriously gone up

I promise I will be back later today to keep up. Gotta lot to write up