GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Dubstro

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 2dr GTI 6MT
Finally got the Vibrant resonator installed (yesterday). Shop had to hack up a section of my AWE track and MAP DP to weld it on. Oh well, whole setup sounds great so no regrets. Shout out to GTIJake for suggesting Vibrants in his exhaust thread.

Funny story: While waiting for my resonator install. A guy with a hemi charger asked me how much HP a GTI has. He said he raced one and it "kept up" with him. I said my GTI was supposed to be 220hp stock. If only I could have captured the look on his face. Anyway, good job to that GTI, lol.

Today I swapped stock plugs for Brisk ER12S plugs. That was uneventful. Also, had a visitor (brother-in law) swing by with his new M2. Took it for a spin. Pretty awesome looking ride and handles amazing. Its hot as hell out so didn't try to do any WOT pull in his new car, haha.

DubberMK7

Sadly it also sounds like nothing with it off. My wife’s prius sounds as sporty as an oem GTI exhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha I’m sure. But, being able to hear the turbo a little better is a plus [emoji108]I’m back and forth if I want a down pipe, I don’t want people to hear me coming down the street. Been having an itch to do something...

Last edited:

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
Your time is worth something. Why not just buy a pipe that fits first time?

In the position I am in, paying 450+ for a downpipe for a quick install is far less worth spending 3 days installing a 140 dollar downpipe. I am on summer break with not much to do on my days off, so my time really isn't worth as much as the next guy. It was a very good learning experience and I would do it all over again the same way.

MKVIISpec

Ready to race!

I don’t often get car/setup envy. However, you have made it happen. Love the overall look/stance of your setup. I know it’s a bit aggressive for some, but it looks so damn good. Well done! [emoji106] [emoji482]

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Since MeltedSolid didn't post it, that meanie, Saturday and Sunday we had his MK7 Golf in my shop to replace the clutch and install BFI stage two mounts. We worked for about 6 hours Saturday. Only took us 4.5 hours to do the clutch, and then we spent the rest of the time doing the mounts. Due to the fact the trans mount was for a GTI, we had to drill out the rivets on his Golf trans mount so we could reuse the part that mounts to the trans for the BFI stage two GTI trans mount as they are different. He had to leave for work before we could finish up, so Sunday was basically hooking up the shifter cables and installing the battery and a few other bits. Most of the time was spend modifying his clutch stop to work with the new clutch. It was a fun weekend.

e9muzik1

What products do you use to clean your car? In every photo I’ve seen of it the paint looks absolutely flawless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
While products do matter, it factors into overall appearance less than you think.

Just from the picture I would assume this is after paint cleansing, clay bar, machine polishing / correction, ipa cleaning of polishing residue, following either with a high end paint coating or just meticulous application of synthetic wax/ high end carnuba.

Pretty much you really see the benefits of putting 8-10 hours of work into making sure things are spotless

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

KlipZ

Ready to race!
While products do matter, it factors into overall appearance less than you think.

Just from the picture I would assume this is after paint cleansing, clay bar, machine polishing / correction, ipa cleaning of polishing residue, following either with a high end paint coating or just meticulous application of synthetic wax/ high end carnuba.

Pretty much you really see the benefits of putting 8-10 hours of work into making sure things are spotless

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Also, the picture seems to have been post-processed a bit.

ubersick

Ready to race!
Also, the picture seems to have been post-processed a bit.

This. I use basic wash stuff from the auto parts store. I do however apply caranuba wax from meguiars maybe once every 2 months and after a wash i use the quick detailer. By no means the paint is perfect but the color does look great when clean :D