GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MAGIC/MAJESTY (eBay) 16.4 liter Intercooler

Renck

Ready to race!
If you can have them make the wife's Focus disappear (preferably with her in it), I'll pay you to take them! Lol j/k. Maybe.

Sent you a PM, buddy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
LOL!

It was really nice seeing you again, and thanks a lot for the clips. I'm really looking forward to receive the IC and proceed with the installation next week.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
I have a set of radiator clips I never used if anyone is interested. Pm me.

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
They come up every month or so on the eBay website or we get them pushed to us with the eBay app. Also some people are very nice to let us know when there is a new one..[emoji41][emoji106]

Sent from my Gavin Belson black box signature edition

Renck

Ready to race!
Installation completed over the weekend. No major issue (it just takes time) and I had to trim both pegs (I measured the stock intercooler and I realized both must be modified). No yellow clips were hurt during this installation.

Before

After

Thanks for the tip using tape to ensure everything was back in place.

There she is!

Last edited:

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Installation completed over the weekend. No major issue (it just takes time) and I had to trim both pegs (I measured the stock intercooler and I realized both must be modified). No yellow clips were hurt during this installation...

Thanks for the motivation. I have had mine sitting in the basement for months. Really don't want to dish out $400-500 to get it done. That is money that can go towards a jack, stands, and other mods haha.

Renck

Ready to race!
Thanks for the motivation. I have had mine sitting in the basement for months. Really don't want to dish out $400-500 to get it done. That is money that can go towards a jack, stands, and other mods haha.

Same here! I rather purchase something else with that money and tackle the job myself - like this:

I had at least 3 videos that I watched and I downloaded the APR IC install guide. So, I knew it was something I felt confident to do and I allowed me enough time to complete the job. Taking pictures and sharing them with folks at a Mk6/Mk7 group, then cleaning / removing crap in areas you don't access to on regular basis and then of course measuring and measuring to ensure it will fit.

So, it wasn't really bad, but it takes time. And, of course I was so worry about locking the hood by accident that I had to do something about it (LOL):

B95zP

Ready to race!

Smart. Installed an IE IC this weekend, and this tip would've been useful. Funny my IE IC cost as much as 3 of these. :D:D:D I've got a Pure White GTI tho which could use an IC upgrade...

For the clips I'd say cutting the OE ones, and buying $5 ones from eBay is worth it. Another thing I noticed scrolling thru the most recent pics, is the AC condenser is black on my R.

Nappy216

Ready to race!
Installation completed over the weekend. No major issue (it just takes time) and I had to trim both pegs (I measured the stock intercooler and I realized both must be modified). No yellow clips were hurt during this installation.

Before

After

Thanks for the tip using tape to ensure everything was back in place.

There she is!

Thanks for the heads up on the pegs. Both of mine measure 30mm knew the driver side had to be knocked down to 25mm......makes sense that the passenger side also needs to be trimed down.

Sooo what do you think? Helping more or less then expected?

Renck

Ready to race!
Smart. Installed an IE IC this weekend, and this tip would've been useful. Funny my IE IC cost as much as 3 of these. :D:D:D I've got a Pure White GTI tho which could use an IC upgrade...

For the clips I'd say cutting the OE ones, and buying $5 ones from eBay is worth it. Another thing I noticed scrolling thru the most recent pics, is the AC condenser is black on my R.

Credit goes to other folks that have been sharing tips here to complete this install.

I fellow forum member gave me the clips for free, but I still decided to go easy on them and if possible to re-use them. I was successful to achieve that. ;)

Thanks for the heads up on the pegs. Both of mine measure 30mm knew the driver side had to be knocked down to 25mm......makes sense that the passenger side also needs to be trimed down.

Sooo what do you think? Helping more or less then expected?

I finally had the chance to drive a bit on my way back home at 91 degrees temperature and the car felt so good. I was able to do a quick set of pulls and the car felt more responsive.

So, I would say that in my case, it is indeed helping a lot (Atlanta weather).

Zer0DazE

Ready to race!
Did anyone else have to trim the area where the radiator clips in? The driver's side on mine needed a little trimming on the intercooler and the backside of the clip to get it to lock in properly on mine. The intercooler was bumping into the radiator before the clip could have completely locked into place.

Renck

Ready to race!
Did anyone else have to trim the area where the radiator clips in? The driver's side on mine needed a little trimming on the intercooler and the backside of the clip to get it to lock in properly on mine. The intercooler was bumping into the radiator before the clip could have completely locked into place.

Not in my case.

GoatPowder

Ready to race!

I had to do this on the one I had as well but on the RH side, however I didn't need to trim the "pegs", both measured over 30mm but they locked in with a bit of manipulating.

It's kind of a crapshoot with what needs tweaking.