GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TV's Everyday Driver - King of the Hot Hatch

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
TV's Velocity Channel will air Everyday Driver's new Season 3 Episode King of the Hot Hatch on Saturday morning (07/21/2018) at 7:30 AM Eastern.

Unfortunately, it appears that the sole contenders will be Ford's AWD Focus RS and Honda's Civic Type R. :confused:

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
I hope they test it with the dsg against the rs and type r, seen to many all manual comparisons already, could easily guess the outcome.

BronxBomber

Ready to race!
I don’t understand the last two comments. Judging from the first comment, it appears it’s a comparo between the Focus RS and Civic Type R. Where do you guys get that here will be a VAG product, be it GTI or Golf R? As to 3600’a comments, I agree with Kasper. If they do test a Golf R, they should test a DSG, as every other comparo has been worth a manual. One of the first things against the Golf R in these Comparos has been it’s slower than the other cars. The DSG will give it an advantage in the acceleration department vs. the 6MT. Also it’s the only car of the three that offers an automated option on top of the manual. We’ve seen the results against the 6MT Golf R, lets see it against a DSG.

r-gazmic

Passed Driver's Ed
I don’t understand the last two comments. Judging from the first comment, it appears it’s a comparo between the Focus RS and Civic Type R. Where do you guys get that here will be a VAG product, be it GTI or Golf R? As to 3600’a comments, I agree with Kasper. If they do test a Golf R, they should test a DSG, as every other comparo has been worth a manual. One of the first things against the Golf R in these Comparos has been it’s slower than the other cars. The DSG will give it an advantage in the acceleration department vs. the 6MT. Also it’s the only car of the three that offers an automated option on top of the manual. We’ve seen the results against the 6MT Golf R, lets see it against a DSG.

I get it, people are tired of the 6MT comparisons, but it's the only apples to apples comparison to make.

We all know what is going to happen if they put a DSG R in there. It might be gratifying to see it, but let's not pretend there's some unknown in how a DSG R competes with manual cars.

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
I get it, people are tired of the 6MT comparisons, but it's the only apples to apples comparison to make.

We all know what is going to happen if they put a DSG R in there. It might be gratifying to see it, but let's not pretend there's some unknown in how a DSG R competes with manual cars.

I disagree. They always seem to test the loaded to the gills RS, or type R vs the not loaded golf R. Compare the most expensive, most optioned to one another. So fine the golf R gets the dsg and the RS runs their track tires, that would actually be closer to an apples to apples comparison as at least you could say we tested the most loaded versions of each competitor imo

BronxBomber

Ready to race!
I disagree. They always seem to test the loaded to the gills RS, or type R vs the not loaded golf R. Compare the most expensive, most optioned to one another. So fine the golf R gets the dsg and the RS runs their track tires, that would actually be closer to an apples to apples comparison as at least you could say we tested the most loaded versions of each competitor imo

I agree. Both other cars make more power than the R, so I think its fine to compare the DSG to the others. Besides, every test between the three has been with the manual. We've seen it time and again. I get it, trying to make it as even across the board, but the truth of the matter is that most people opt for the DSG by almost 3 to 1 according to VW, so why not use the trim that is most representative of what most people buy. I'd like to see how the DSG compares and not just in acceleration numbers, but in a subjective manner.