GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CTS Downpipe + Invidia

Kinno's_R

So I tried searching everywhere for this answer but I was hoping that someone on here would have a CTS downpipe with an invidia q300 catback setup. I'm looking to run this setup but I was wondering if there was any extra piping needed to mate these 2 parts together? I see that you need the adaptor pipe if you run APR's downpipe as the 2 parts have a 4-6 inch gap between them but I can't really find any info on CTS's. Other than you need to request the end of the downpipe not to have the reducer for the stock catback.

Any help would be appreciated.

iTsLiKeAnEgG

Ready to race!
I'm running a USP downpipe but my logic is that if the current downpipe matches up with the OEM axle back then it would work with the Invidia if its matches up with a stock downpipe.

Kinno's_R

I'm running a USP downpipe but my logic is that if the current downpipe matches up with the OEM axle back then it would work with the Invidia if its matches up with a stock downpipe.

That was my thinking as well but when i saw the APR downpipe requires the extra piece, I was kind of confused then. I have the invidia equipped right now and it does match up to the stock downpipe so I might stick with that assumption.

For it to remain 3” yes you would need to cut out the 2.5” reducer on both and add 3” back in

That makes perfect sense but I was going to request from CTS the downpipe for their turbo back setup so that it doesn't have the reducer to fit the stock catback. Instead they said it will be 3" right at the catback section. I was just hoping that someone has installed these 2 parts together so that they could confirm for sure that I don't need extra piping lol.

Thanks for the replies everyone

Kinno's_R

We are currently offering 20% off the modular Eurojet Down-pipe. https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43420

Made in the USA.

That does look like a very nice downpipe. I really like the v-band clamp connections for sure. I'm kind of stuck on CTS's as its on sale right now too and they are in Canada so I don't need to worry about paying brokerage and duty. But I might need to take this one into consideration.