GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Christophunkk's GTI

Christophunkk

Hi everyone! I purchased my 2016 GTI Autobahn MT (purchased at 9500 miles) around June of 2018. I'm glad I didn't pass this one up, I absolutely love driving it. I was debating between this car and the WRX, but the GTI won based on daily driver consumer features - and I still get to mod it!

I'm an electrical engineer and I live in the Seattle area. Hobbies include outdoor hiking, hunting, nerdy computer stuff, video games, and obviously, cars.

I don't plan to go crazy with mods. I have a couple cosmetic things I'd like to accomplish, make the engine sound better and probably get a tune for it after 30k+ miles or so. Yes I know I'll need a clutch at the same time, thanks.

I also have a 2010 Tundra Crewmax, which is my rainy/snowy day driver and what I use to go into the mountains.

Anyway, here's my journal. I'm looking forward to adding to it :D

Chris

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Welcome nice ride!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Christophunkk

First mod: Boomba Racing blow-off valve adapter. This was a must-have for me. Easy install, three bolts. It's on clearance right now at MAP for like 58 bucks.

It sounds great!!

Last edited:

Christophunkk

I also got my air filter in today. Went with the AFE drop in and snow-guard removal. I couldn't justify buying a CAI if there's no reason to do it except sound. Unfortunately, this didn't give me any sound like a CAI would, but I haven't taken a drive yet. All I really want is to hear the turbo spool up, but I've got other options.

Out with the old, in with the new!