GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: Rear trim panel for full size spare

FloridaNative

Passed Driver's Ed
SOLD!

Fit a full size spare in your Mk7 non-Sportwagen Golf or GTI. I know it will fit 2015-2017 models (not Sportwagen/All-Trac). It is necessary to fit a compact spare in an R of the same years. Part number is 5GM86345982V. Not sure if it fits 2018 models. Use this trim panel and the floor in the high position and you are good to go. There is room for a full size wheel and tire (compact spare in R), standard toolset and plenty of extra room under there for additional stuff.

New in bag. Bought an extra for a friend and his plans changed. Asking $50 plus shipping. Located in central Virginia.

-Mike

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

FloridaNative

Passed Driver's Ed
What are other parts i need in order to fit full-size spare in my Golf R 2015?
Do you have P/N of full-size spare?
I poked around and I'm now not sure if a full size spare will fit the R or not. I edited the original post. I hadn't thought about the rear differential and that that would change the shape of the rear area.

For the Golf/GTI, other than the wheel and tire, this is all you need. It replaces the rear trim panel you have now that has a lip molded in. This has no lip. For my GTI, I just bought a slightly curbed Austin with tire already on it off ebay. It's probably easiest to similarly get a used stock wheel. The hold down for the compact spare will hold the full size one and the foam tool holder still fits. You just have to keep the floor in the higher position. You will have space around the tire and under the floor for skinny odds and ends not to mention the space inside the spare itself.

-Mike

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jmblur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
R will not fit a full size spare but there's a donut available that clears the brake calipers. Diameter is the same so you still need this cutout trim (or Dremel a notch in the normal NAR trim).

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
If I didn't already have one I'd take you up on the offer. To anyone interested, this piece makes getting a spare (full size or not) much easier to get in/out. I have the space saver spare and if I wanted to get it out previously it would catch on the standard trim. I imagine if you're rocking a helix sub this will also give you a bit more room to work with.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk