GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone with just the resonator delete on Golf R?

dman918

Ready to race!
Hello,

Is there anyone in the NW Chicago suburbs that has a Golf R with the only exhaust modification as the resonator delete? I am in Algonquin and was hoping to get a ride from someone with it to hear how it sounds.

Thanks!

Mike

Grommit

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm up in Madison, my delete should be delivered today.

If you're ever up in my neck of the woods can stop on by. I should be able to get it on this weekend.

dman918

Ready to race!
Thanks for the offer. I actually just bit the bullet and ordered
One up last week, with hopes I’ll just like it. Should be installing this weekend.

Thanks again.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
Thanks for the offer. I actually just bit the bullet and ordered
One up last week, with hopes I’ll just like it. Should be installing this weekend.

Thanks again.

Damn my resonator delete is coming off soon. Was about to list it for sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MadMen

Ready to race!
The res delete with stock downpipe and exhaust is awesome. In no way is it obnoxious. Adds just enough sound. However, with an aftermarket downpipe, it gets very loud. Fine for the folks that like loud, but a bit too much for the old guys.... :)

Grommit

Passed Driver's Ed
The res delete with stock downpipe and exhaust is awesome. In no way is it obnoxious. Adds just enough sound.

Ha, thats exactly my thoughts after doing the Resonator delete!

However after doing the delete, my DSG farts are less pronounced. I found that quite odd. Not sure if its the norm though, and don't much care, but DSG farts were a fun factor of this car haha.

MadMen

Ready to race!
Ha, thats exactly my thoughts after doing the Resonator delete!

However after doing the delete, my DSG farts are less pronounced. I found that quite odd. Not sure if its the norm though, and don't much care, but DSG farts were a fun factor of this car haha.

Add a downpipe, and you'll get DSG Sharts instead.... :eek:

Grommit

Passed Driver's Ed
ha, nah, DD, keeping the warranty in tact as long as possible.
Dont want to do the APR+ tune, but man...extra power and still some form of warranty is enticing...

Grommit

Passed Driver's Ed
Yea, but, I really should spend the JB4 money on more track time, and learning the car as it is, before tossing more power at it.

More power doesnt always = faster :)

But the price of a JB$ is numerous autoX's and a track day or 2ish, much more beneficial