GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Who got their Clubsport S muffler? Raise you hand!

Who go their CSS mufflers, who didn't?

• Total voters

kDizz781

Ready to race!
Installed my CSS muffler this past Tuesday

Overall I am please with the sound, I would say this is an OEM+ sound, and better sounding that the AWE TOURING with a stock downpipe.

Great cold start sound and a little added growl during acceleration. No drone with the stock downpipe, and you can easily manipulate the sound depending on driving style.

COLD START VIDEO with a couple of 3k rpms revs at the end
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7hxOYcfv7I

Here are some pics

Attachments

• rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_20180703_144419.jpg
    IMG_20180703_144419.jpg
    312.7 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG_20180703_154014.jpg
    IMG_20180703_154014.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 340
  • IMG_20180703_144414.jpg
    IMG_20180703_144414.jpg
    356.1 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_20180703_101613.jpg
    IMG_20180703_101613.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_20180703_101729.jpg
    IMG_20180703_101729.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 346
  • IMG_20180703_101517.jpg
    IMG_20180703_101517.jpg
    294.4 KB · Views: 342
  • IMG_20180705_173838.jpg
    IMG_20180705_173838.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 345

kDizz781

Ready to race!
Great pics of the install! Do the pipes just butt up against each other under the clamp?
Pretty much. Mine has maybe a 1/4 inch gap

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
It was just the CSS.

If that aspect was reduced a bit the muffler would be absolutely perfect to me.
Gotcha, I ask because mine is super loud but I'm also running a catted DP. I like the tone and I'm not getting any drone because of my upgraded resonator, but as soon as you hit 3k the thing screams. It begs the question of which to remove the DP or the CSS. It's easy enough for me to switch back to stage 1+, so I'm kinda leaning toward removing the DP.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

cruzmisl

Ready to race!
Gotcha, I ask because mine is super loud but I'm also running a catted DP. I like the tone and I'm not getting any drone because of my upgraded resonator, but as soon as you hit 3k the thing screams. It begs the question of which to remove the DP or the CSS. It's easy enough for me to switch back to stage 1+, so I'm kinda leaning toward removing the DP.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

The consensus is that the DP makes it REALLY loud, but to a dude with tinnitus already I'm just a bit more sensitive I guess. It just feels like it gets exponentially louder than at other rev ranges and i wish it was more linear.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Well today was install day!

(Disclaimer) I am by no means a mechanic or for that matter knowledgeable about cars. I did install my VWR springs and that was about as technical as I think I can handle.

So with Youtube at the ready and referencing Sandman’s previous walk-through.....

CSS (Bottom) Stock (Top)

Oh no! He referenced me!
No pressure, I can do this.
What if the info is wrong?
Nooooo, the pressure!

Looks like you did a perfect job.
Glad you like it. Looks very good.
You will enjoy every drive.
Turn Soundaktor down.

Billyescopetas

Passed Driver's Ed
I already commented my thoughts here some day ago.. I think the CSS does almost nothing to dampen the sound. I went with resonator delete + CSS (stock downpipe) and it was too loud! With huuge drone and vibration in the cabin between 2k and 3k!

I put the resonator back in after 1 week only... now running with CSS I feel is the right setup for me but the sound is still impressive when you floor it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
I already commented my thoughts here some day ago.. I think the CSS does almost nothing to dampen the sound. I went with resonator delete + CSS (stock downpipe) and it was too loud! With huuge drone and vibration in the cabin between 2k and 3k!

I put the resonator back in after 1 week only... now running with CSS I feel is the right setup for me but the sound is still impressive when you floor it.

Yep! Massive difference between stock muffler and CSS muffler in terms of dampening. The CSS muffler gives very little compared to stock lol.

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
The more I'm driving with the CSS the better it's sounding, I'm honestly thinking that I won't need to remove the DP anymore as it's mellowing out nicely. I probably only have about 200-250 miles on it at this point so it'll be interesting to see what it sounds like at 1000. I find myself driving with the windows down more frequently as I love the sound of the burbles as you let of the gas and the grunt when you get back on it. :)

Billyescopetas

Passed Driver's Ed
I’ve now put a total of 2.000km on my css muffler and I can firmly confirm it does sound deeper. Really love how my gti sounds now.. My only wish would have been to keep the resonator delete.. it was too loud: yes, it droned too between 2k and 3k.. but sound was awesome and involving. just wondering what resonator could replace the stock one.. dont think a resonator delete will ever work on mk7.

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
I’ve now put a total of 2.000km on my css muffler and I can firmly confirm it does sound deeper. Really love how my gti sounds now.. My only wish would have been to keep the resonator delete.. it was too loud: yes, it droned too between 2k and 3k.. but sound was awesome and involving. just wondering what resonator could replace the stock one.. dont think a resonator delete will ever work on mk7.

Vibrant resonator. Will help kill the drone/vibrations but is still loud. I personally have the optional APR triangle muffler, installed where the stock resonator was.

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
I can confirm that the Vibrant 17930 with CSS & DP does not drone. :)

bluedoggiant

Go Kart Newbie
I can confirm that the Vibrant 17930 with CSS & DP does not drone. :)

But still loud ;) I have heard this setup. If I were to add a DP, even with an HJS Cat, I would also add a race muffler somewhere in the system, maybe magnaflow.

I've got what maybe 35k mi on my CSS muffler. It is even louder than I realize from the driver seat when I hear other people drive my car from outside.