GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Who got their Clubsport S muffler? Raise you hand!

Who go their CSS mufflers, who didn't?

• Total voters

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Turned off is the best. I get drone if I have soundaktor on

Really?? That must be unique to your car. I recently turned it back on and have it set to Sport and no difference in drone. However, I have always had slight drone ever since install. Seems to have increased over the last few months but still very subtle.

Used to hate the soundaktor by itself but now realized when coupled with CSS Im really enjoying it. On my DSG just have to keep it out of auto mode, the notorious lugging makes a dreadful noise on the soundaktor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
Really?? That must be unique to your car. I recently turned it back on and have it set to Sport and no difference in drone. However, I have always had slight drone ever since install. Seems to have increased over the last few months but still very subtle.

Used to hate the soundaktor by itself but now realized when coupled with CSS Im really enjoying it. On my DSG just have to keep it out of auto mode, the notorious lugging makes a dreadful noise on the soundaktor.

Eh, it was annoying with the soundaktor on even when I was stock besides the Clubsport S Muffler. It's alright on spirited driving but somewhat annoying on regular commute with passengers on, specifically when trying to shift down to the powerband and trying to pass.

It's even worse with an aftermarket downpipe on. Turned it off immediately after that.

Billyescopetas

Passed Driver's Ed
I jumped directly from stock to resonator delete + CSS muffler. Sound was very good and dsg farts quite impressive. But could not stand drone and floor vibration betwen 2.000rpm and 3200rpm so I put resonator back in after one week only. Problem solved: it now sounds refined and tone is similar to stock.

Now I would like to add more volume but priority is to keep drone and vibrations away. I was thinking of getting a second hand resonator (from gti or cupra), open it, modify the holes by covering 1/4 of them, close it and weld it. I would expect a nice sound with increased volume but still having the resonator filtering the low frequency tones.

What do you think? Has someone been in a similar situation after a resonator delete?

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
I jumped directly from stock to resonator delete + CSS muffler. Sound was very good and dsg farts quite impressive. But could not stand drone and floor vibration betwen 2.000rpm and 3200rpm so I put resonator back in after one week only. Problem solved: it now sounds refined and tone is similar to stock.

Now I would like to add more volume but priority is to keep drone and vibrations away. I was thinking of getting a second hand resonator (from gti or cupra), open it, modify the holes by covering 1/4 of them, close it and weld it. I would expect a nice sound with increased volume but still having the resonator filtering the low frequency tones.

What do you think? Has someone been in a similar situation after a resonator delete?

Thankfully I have not been in this situation. Reading this makes me glad I opted at the last minute to not delete mine. I feared the CSS with res delete would cause crazy drone, I see I was right haha. Best of luck on your journey!

kDizz781

Ready to race!
Just an update.

Ordered June 7th (cars245), scheduled to be delivered Friday June 15th. Seems really quick compared to others.

I'll keep everyone posted!

Shopvac

Just an update.

Ordered June 7th (cars245), scheduled to be delivered Friday June 15th. Seems really quick compared to others.

Just order mine on June 11th from (cars245), received an update email... status: preparing.... wondering how long that takes?

kDizz781

Ready to race!
Just an update.

Another update. My package was not delivered on Friday the 15th, it was actually in Germany on Friday...

BUT, it is scheduled to be delivered today, and it is in route now!

kDizz781

Ready to race!
Got it yesterday, and I can say that I am impressed. This is the muffler the GTI should have come with. The tips are larger that I was expecting and everything looks perfect.

I was expecting a box but it was shipped in the bubble wrap only.

Here are some pictures

Attachments

• Bubble.jpg
    Bubble.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 464
  • CSS.jpg
    CSS.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 1,100
  • CSS Tip.jpg
    CSS Tip.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 531

nype

Drag Racing Champion
What the...? No box?

Who did you buy from?

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
Just got the email from Natalja, should have my CSS on Monday. :)

kDizz781

Ready to race!
What the...? No box?

Who did you buy from?

Seriously, no box. It was shipped exactly like you see it. I ordered it from cars245.

I was kind of upset at first, but it looks perfect, so I can't really complain.

Last edited:

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I’ve never seen something shipped like that before. Especially considering it was literally bounced all around a fair chunk of Europe before crossing the pond.

Glad it all arrived intact!