GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eibach Pro Kit Springs or VW DG Springs?

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I have less than 5000 miles on it so far...
No need to change them or?

I wouldn’t think so but, you might want to ask for an opinion in that other thread. See what the experts have to say.

doolin64

Passed Driver's Ed
I've put about 200 miles on my DG's so far since Saturday. My car only had 1100 miles. The dealer re-used my hardware and I have to say the car rides great. Every so slightly stiffer. I'm guessing about as close to stock as you can get with lowering springs. No regrets hear so far and I've my car on a few pot hole littered roads this week.

BananaSlug

Ready to race!
I have less than 5000 miles on it so far...
No need to change them or?

I had almost 12k miles on my GTI before lowering it and I didn't change those. I haven't had any issues, I'm at almost 17k miles now.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I had almost 12k miles on my GTI before lowering it and I didn't change those. I haven't had any issues, I'm at almost 17k miles now.

:rolleyes:
nype didn't replace his either, and now he has noises and will be paying the labor a 2nd time because of not spending the few extra bucks the first time & doing it correctly (no offense nype).
And other members have gone thru this too btw

AGAIN...they're supposed to be changed out when you disassemble/reassemble the strut
Kind of like the stretch/TTY bolts are to be replaced as well

For reference:
http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22788

BONJA85