GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Muffler Delete Poll

Would you consider purchasing a Muffler Delete?

• Total voters

kDizz781

Ready to race!
I am putting feelers out to the community to see if there would be interest in a manufactured muffler delete for our cars.

The idea would be something that connects with a clamp near the rear axle (where the CSS muffler attaches).

I know some people hate them, and some love them. Let's keep this informative. If you are interested vote and add what you would like to see.

See attached picture for a reference of what I was thinking.

Thanks

Attachments

• Muffler Delete.jpg
    Muffler Delete.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 542
Last edited:

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Isn’t GTIJake already doing this?

kDizz781

Ready to race!
GTIJake has been doing some awesome stuff, I am not trying to take anything away from him, I don't know if he is actually producing them or has a rig set up for any sort of production.

Just trying to judge interest, that is all

Isn’t GTIJake already doing this?

Gareezy

Passed Driver's Ed
I’d be down if the quality looks like that picture. Kinda miss the sound of the Muffler delete. I already have it cut where the CSS muffler would go.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
If your running a catless dp this is not a popular mod imo.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I’m not making production muffler deletes to ship, there wasn’t enough interest and the local car I had originally built one on (for cost) to build a jig around got traded in with the muffler delete still on it, so I’m already in the hole money wise there with no way to get it back.

I’m focused on building FMIC kits currently. I built the production jig for them a few days ago
upload the photo

Last edited:

kDizz781

Ready to race!
For those that voted yes, would you mind replying with what you would like to see available?

• Tip size (3in, 3.5in, 4in?)
  • Tip style (Single walled? double walled? Slash cut? Straight cut?)
  • pipe size (2.5 in would clamp right on, 3inch would need a reducer)
  • Anything else you might like/want

Thanks

I’m not making production muffler deletes to ship, there wasn’t enough interest and the local car I had originally built one on (for cost) to build a jig around got traded in with the muffler delete still on it, so I’m already in the hole money wise there with no way to get it back.

I’m focused on building FMIC kits currently. I built the production jig for them a few days ago

Awesome work GTIJake! Looks amazing

Cowzill00

Ready to race!
If I bought something like this I would want it clamp to the stock tubing without reducers.

If this was available already, I would have bought one. It appeared to be the cheapest path to the sound I want. Since it's not, I went for a DP to get a similar sound with the added benefit of some performance boost with a tune.

More folks probably either want a full catback system, or a DP, or both. And if you go with a DP, you want some level of "muffling." But I think it would be a cool option for a cost conscious sound mod.

kDizz781

Ready to race!

kDizz781

Ready to race!
Replied to PMs, but we need more participation in this post.

Vote and post in you are interested :D

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I just voted yes, if the price is right.

Options that I was pricing out when planning on going to a muffler shop with Y pipe and tips in hand were:

- 2.5" piping so no reducer was needed
- clamp so I could put the stock muffler back on if I wanted; I'm thinking long road trips or something where the wife and dog are in the car for extended periods of time
- 4" black tips (https://www.ebay.com/itm/JST139K-2-...tlet-5-Long-/182357416361?hash=item2a755959a9)

16MKVII

I just voted yes, if the price is right.

Options that I was pricing out when planning on going to a muffler shop with Y pipe and tips in hand were:

- 2.5" piping so no reducer was needed
- clamp so I could put the stock muffler back on if I wanted; I'm thinking long road trips or something where the wife and dog are in the car for extended periods of time
- 4" black tips (https://www.ebay.com/itm/JST139K-2-...tlet-5-Long-/182357416361?hash=item2a755959a9)

I'd be down for this same setup but 3.5" tips similar to the ones in the first post.

Hockey

Ready to race!
Personaly I would just have a custom made axle-back at a muffler shop, would be cheaper and easier in the end.