GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Washer fluid what does everyone else use

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
I’ve been using this one for a while. Pretty good results. I always mix with distilled water to prevent any deposits/algae in the tank. I had algae hit a BMW I once owned and I never want that again.

https://2010products.com/shop/all-products/windshield-cleaner-concentrate/

I'm guessing that with most "concentrates" that you add to water, you will have to battle with algae and/or mold growth. That's why typical washer fluids have methanol. In addition to reducing the freezing point, it also prevents growth.

ChronicSPD

Ready to race!
I've been using rain-x (green stuff in summer, orange in winter) for 16k miles with no sensor issues. If problems arise I'll disable the low fluid notification.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
Anyone know how to get rid of a stain on the hatch window where the fluid squirts down? Washing seems to be useless. I am wondering if it is permanent damage.

WorkhorseGTi

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 MK7 GTi SE 6MT
Anyone know how to get rid of a stain on the hatch window where the fluid squirts down? Washing seems to be useless. I am wondering if it is permanent damage.

Try Vinegar and Water (1:5). I have same issue but becareful not to get on painted surface.
If it doesn’t work on the first try, try again Daily for a few days. This worked for me.

Or maybe Claybar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
Try Vinegar and Water (1:5). I have same issue but becareful not to get on painted surface.
If it doesn’t work on the first try, try again Daily for a few days. This worked for me.

Or maybe Claybar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually tried a Claybar it made only a slight improvement. I'll try Vinegar/water next time I wash the whole car.