GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Air Scoop/Eventuri Piece , Possible Group Batch

pjp7212

Ready to race!
What does this even do? Is this more of a fun conversation starter? Cant see it actually doing anything better than what the APR intake is already doing. IMO.

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
What does this even do? Is this more of a fun conversation starter? Cant see it actually doing anything better than what the APR intake is already doing. IMO.

The Apr intake is literally blocked off from getting air. Honestly I'm surprised it doesn't blow turbos up. If you have one close your hood and you'll see what I'm talking about. There's a reason why every stage two gti owner (well 90%) have cut their drivers side grill out.. this helps further direct the air much like the more expensive eventuri system.

pjp7212

Ready to race!
The Apr intake is literally blocked off from getting air. Honestly I'm surprised it doesn't blow turbos up. If you have one close your hood and you'll see what I'm talking about. There's a reason why every stage two gti owner (well 90%) have cut their drivers side grill out.. this helps further direct the air much like the more expensive eventuri system.

There are holes on the other side tho and a lack of air wont blow up turbos, interested in seeing physical data to match these claims. Interesting tho.

For reference of knowledge, I run CFD models and have designed an intake system for a Formula SAE cars. We can add all the air we want but the laws of fluid mechanics come into play and your limiting factors are physics haha.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Finally installed this today. First off, thanks twist for this product. Here is my review:
The product was packaged very professionally, it included instructions/parts. It was done better than what I get off major retailers... kudos. The setup was pretty easy take off grill (2 t25 screws), make my lines for my cut. The hard part was making a good cut. I bought a dremel today, used it. It worked but was hard to make perfect straight lines (this is was i figured). Its a cool little diy item and I'm overall happy. Here some pics, u can see some spots on the plastic i hit (oops) and my lines are choppy (1st time using a dremel)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Hey mk7_bk! Thanks for writing a review I really appreciate it!

If you want to make those cuts look more professional, the finishing touch is not with a dremel but sanding. After you have made a roughly straight line with the cutting tool of choice, take sand paper, a wheel sand dremel tool, or some type of file and take your time getting it straight, and then move up in grit to get the plastic polished. Mine looks like it was made to be there and I am no cutting expert by any means lol!

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Hey mk7_bk! Thanks for writing a review I really appreciate it!

If you want to make those cuts look more professional, the finishing touch is not with a dremel but sanding. After you have made a roughly straight line with the cutting tool of choice, take sand paper, a wheel sand dremel tool, or some type of file and take your time getting it straight, and then move up in grit to get the plastic polished. Mine looks like it was made to be there and I am no cutting expert by any means lol!

Good looks Twist. I did use the 'sand' dremel tool but it seems to want to take some off as well. For the time i spent working on it, i thought it was good enough ahaha. Maybe tomorrow when I was, i'll do some sanding
Thanks man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Random tip to those getting one: using gun oil or some type of light oil when sanding will darken the plastic and make everything look oem.