GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

5150 update wait time

crediem_2

Passed Driver's Ed
I went with 5150 based on tons of positive reviews from the forums. I started the process about 6 months ago. The first 2 updates came within a few weeks, the third took about 6 weeks and now I’m going on 3 months! I’ve emailed politely 3 times(1 time a month) and pm on fb. I cannot get a reply. It’s frustrating, I understand he’s busy but even a courtesy email saying it will be a few months would go a long way. Anyone else have a similar experience? Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BronxBomber

Ready to race!
Sorry to hear that, although a bit glad for selfish reasons. I was going to try using Jon for a big turbo tune. After hearing of your unfortunate situation, that’s not gonna happen. I’ve always heard that Jon was bad when it came to communicating with his e clients. He seems more concerned with his dyno customers md new business in general. You already paid for your tune, so any additional work on your tune isn’t going to generate him any more money. At least that’s how it seems. Hope you get it finished soon.

spelk3

Ready to race!
Car(s)
‘17 BMW xDrive35i
Send him a nice reminder email once a week. Let him know of any specific issues you’re having.

From my experience, if your logs look good he can take awhile for updates. If there are issues he responds quite quickly.

crediem_2

Passed Driver's Ed
Send him a nice reminder email once a week. Let him know of any specific issues you’re having.

From my experience, if your logs look good he can take awhile for updates. If there are issues he responds quite quickly.

Ok that’s good to know thanks for the reply. I don’t really have any issues but just got my hopes up that I’d be done by now so I can get a dyno [emoji1]

GTI_Joe1

Ready to race!
I gave up on 5150. Communication left a lot to be desired, wait times were extremely long. In my case after two months in I politely asked for a refund due to the fact that he couldn't even cold start idle my car properly. He didn't oblige. I found him unprofessional in his attitude towards customers (just my opinion from reading his Facebook tuning group). I'm sure he's talented and has lots of happy customers... But i personally wouldn't take a free tune from the guy. I moved on with a different tuner and am very happy with the experience and customer service.

crediem_2

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry to hear that, although a bit glad for selfish reasons. I was going to try using Jon for a big turbo tune. After hearing of your unfortunate situation, that’s not gonna happen. I’ve always heard that Jon was bad when it came to communicating with his e clients. He seems more concerned with his dyno customers md new business in general. You already paid for your tune, so any additional work on your tune isn’t going to generate him any more money. At least that’s how it seems. Hope you get it finished soon.

I’m glad I was able to help. If I had known that the communication was this poor and I have to wait so long before hand I would not have done it. I probably would’ve just gone with another custom tuner. I’ve gone back to my map performance stage one and I’m happy but I really wish 5150 worked out because like I said I kept hearing great things

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
Reason I went with strat. 5150 tunes are great. Numbers are great. I had a rough first start though asking for info on the tune. The emails rubbed me the wrong way. Steered me in the direction if stratified and I couldn't be happier. That being said not taking anything away from the quality of his tunes I hear there top notch. That's a long ass time though for an etune...

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5T using Tapatalk

crediem_2

Passed Driver's Ed
Reason I went with strat. 5150 tunes are great. Numbers are great. I had a rough first start though asking for info on the tune. The emails rubbed me the wrong way. Steered me in the direction if stratified and I couldn't be happier. That being said not taking anything away from the quality of his tunes I hear there top notch. That's a long ass time though for an etune...

Thanks for the reply, another poster recommended stratified as well. I’ll give them a try.

BravoMike

Go Kart Champion

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
Thanks for the reply, another poster recommended stratified as well. I’ll give them a try.

I hope you finish up with 5150 soon. I'm sure you'll be more than happy with the results. Sucks you have to go through this though.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
He just did a live 2 hour etune session with 20+ customers today. That would have been a good time to get some etune updates immediately. Also he has a scheduled time for when he looks at logs and updates tunes if needed. Are you on the 5150 vw etune facebook group?

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
This echoes things I have heard about John as well. Once he gets the money for the tune he does things at his leisure. A buddy was not getting any response from him, so he initiated a Paypal claim and then all of a sudden John replied, but still did not complete as promised. Another buddy went to his shop and after confirming an appointment John had him waiting in the shop from a little after lunch until about 10 or 11pm.

5150 tunes are excellent, when they are finished, but 5150 is not professional in any way, shape or form. Stratified is a better route to go for a great tune and customer service.

Wetelvis

Ready to race!
I have no dealings with 5150 but have had similar experience of lack of communication and customer service from some shops as of late and don’t understand how some stay in business.
As a small business operator myself I understand there are lots of places for people to spend their $$ so you need to offer something to them the others can’t give them and customer service is job one....
Hope he’s reading this to get the feedback you all are so nicely putting forth!!