GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Standard Mk7.5 rear lights on a mk7

Smoothcriminal

Hi guys does anyone know our have any experience on the standard Mk7.5 rear lights onto a mk7?

Can they fit straight on to a UK car or are any mods necessary?

Just to confirm it's the bssic/standard rear lights on a mk7.5 and not the sweeping indicator ones.

Thanks in advance

JBale

Ready to race!
Hi guys does anyone know our have any experience on the standard Mk7.5 rear lights onto a mk7?

Can they fit straight on to a UK car or are any mods necessary?

Just to confirm it's the bssic/standard rear lights on a mk7.5 and not the sweeping indicator ones.

Thanks in advance

You would need to play with the coding as well as use some kind of adapter since the connectors are not the same. Do you have mk7 LED tails currently or the incandescent one?

Smoothcriminal

You would need to play with the coding as well as use some kind of adapter since the connectors are not the same. Do you have mk7 LED tails currently or the incandescent one?

I have the standard mk7 rear lights, LL JJ on a 2.0 tdi but I was thinking of refreshing the back end

JBale

Ready to race!
I have the standard mk7 rear lights, LL JJ on a 2.0 tdi but I was thinking of refreshing the back end

Since you have the standard tails I believe you only have 3 wires to your outer lights currently (Brake/ Runner, Turn signal, and ground). For the facelift tails to work you will need 4 wires, as the runner and brake are separate on the new tails. You'd need to pull the signal for the running light from the hatch mounted tail lights (or the BCM if you're felling adventurous lol). Feel free to send me a PM if you want a harness that can make this work for you.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Jeremy is right. With your car you need an additional running light wire to the outer tails but you can grab it at the inner lights. Furthermore you need different connectors and coding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smoothcriminal

Jeremy is right. With your car you need an additional running light wire to the outer tails but you can grab it at the inner lights. Furthermore you need different connectors and coding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the approx cost of the wiring, connectors and coding.

May not be cost effective to do this I'm starting to think..

Any other upgrades you can recommend?

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie