GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

** Biggest Part Out Thread Ever? ** muzdub GTI - premium part less than 6 months old!

paulgarnett6

Ready to race!
That lot must have cost as much as a 911 turbo lol
But seriously must be a awesome car to drive an I bet you could drive it quicker than a 911 turbo being the beast they are !!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Correct. You can not transfer APR software.

He will need to flash back to stock or regular stage 1. I cannot help but thinking he could have got as much or more by selling the car to an enthusiast as is, unless he's trading it in. Fortunately, I never heard of a dealer checking for a tune on a trade in. But one day they'll get wise, and your trade in value will drop $2,500. I've never heard of a dealer flashing a tuned ECU back to stock, only getting a new ECU from VW. So it's the cost for new ECU, R&R, no factory warranty, not being able to CPO the car. Not that it really costs them that much since they'll probably just wholesale it out but you'll pay nonetheless.

Last edited:

Muzdub

Ready to race!
Ok just waking up, I'll try to shoot out round 2 responses mid morning-lunch PST but there is a lot to respond to and I have to work my day job too so please accept my apologies if you don't see a message until later. I will to respond to all messages today.

Muzdub

Ready to race!
Updated thread with pricing and the closed out sales threads, I've not had chance to go through the new and open dialogue pm's yet (39 unreads between here and vwvortex)

Muzdub

Ready to race!
Hey all thanks for the patience with email comms, I think I got back to everyone. Car is stripped and back together and finished by my good friend Dan last night in the wee hours!

Remaining items are in bold!

All those who purchased something, thank you, I will be packaging and shipping tomorrow.

Muzdub

Ready to race!
Ok folks hectic weekend, I don't advise anyone to try to put this many modifications back to stock in a short period of time, but very little sleep, blood sweat, anger and a few tears later and its back to forecourt stock condition!!!

I'll start shipping parts tomorrow!

Trollin86

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Alltrack SE DSG
Cheers to you on the 997! Your GTI was a beast. Hope to claim some seat time in your new 911. Seems I missed the part out thread by a few days, a damn shame. The warranty lives on another day :)

Boomer719

Passed Driver's Ed
He will need to flash back to stock or regular stage 1. I cannot help but thinking he could have got as much or more by selling the car to an enthusiast as is, unless he's trading it in. Fortunately, I never heard of a dealer checking for a tune on a trade in. But one day they'll get wise, and your trade in value will drop $2,500. I've never heard of a dealer flashing a tuned ECU back to stock, only getting a new ECU from VW. So it's the cost for new ECU, R&R, no factory warranty, not being able to CPO the car. Not that it really costs them that much since they'll probably just wholesale it out but you'll pay nonetheless.

This is not entirely accurate. I purchased a CPO 2015 GTI from a VW dealer that was APR tuned when traded. They removed the APR CAI and reinstalled the original air cleaner which the owner had kept and then sent the car to the tuner to be flashed back to stock. I was getting my CC serviced when they traded for it and they wouldn't let me test drive it until all this had been done and the car had finished being certified.

I know the previous owner had to pay them to reinstall the stock intake and for the reflash but he mentioned they didn't ding him at all on the trade value.

Didn't mean to hijack this thread and wish you the best of luck with your new project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro