GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

KillboBaggins

Passed Driver's Ed
Been waiting for someone to get theirs for feedback before I buy on aliexpress.

Hoping for a comparison shot at the same time with the OEM light on one side to compare brightness and color.

The turn signals are all plug and play with no coding.

Look at the install for dynablinks on ShopDAP's YouTube. I'll post a link to my own post here for alternative instructions for removal of the turn signal to avoid breaking things.
Edit: https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showpost.php?p=679479&postcount=15201

What do you mean by "legit"?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Dynablink vs whatever AliExpress has

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Installed a cts direct fit ic. iAts 7-10 over ambient this thing is huuugeee.

End tank damaged in shipping though. Had to use pliers to fix where it dented in.

Attachments

• IMG_20180922_020540.jpg
    IMG_20180922_020540.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 787
Last edited:

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Friday afternoon commute:
Noticed the car pulling right. 2 minutes (total 25-minute commute) away from home, the MFD warning of low tire pressure in the front passenger tire dinged. Got home and saw a nail by the sidewall. Oh hey, unrepairable.

Saturday morning:
Went to Costco to get 225/40-18 Pilot Sport A/S 3+ installed. Thankfully Michelin still has $70 off when buying 4 tires.

I was gonna wait another year to replace the OEM Bridgestones when my car would have ~27k miles before I swap out to these new ones. I guess I'm a bit happy that I don't have to wait much longer for the upgrade. Not much tire chirping on the way home, which couldn't be said with the OEM tires.

Edit: forgot to mention that the tires felt ridiculously hard on the drive home from Costco. Checked tire pressure this morning while it's still cold, and the fronts were set to 42psi and the rears were set to 40psi! The heck? Dropped it down to spec.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Damn, you can get same day service at your Costco? I'd have to order the tires, wait a week for them to arrive, and then another 2 weeks for an install time to open up.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Damn, you can get same day service at your Costco? I'd have to order the tires, wait a week for them to arrive, and then another 2 weeks for an install time to open up.
I was there as a walk-in at 7am when they open, and I was the 16th customer of the day. Got to the front of the line at 7:50. The estimated wait time for my car was already at 5 hours, which ended up being accurate.

First available appointment at mine was October 13 lol. They said they don't allocate many appointment slots at all because they accommodate walk-ins more, as they have a more immediate need (nails, blow-outs, etc). The advice I was given by a tech over the phone was to walk in in the middle of a weekday or get to the tire center by 6:30am on a weekend.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
Finally got around to putting together and installing a light bar! This thing is awesome, can't believe it took me this long to get this done.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
The seats fold down fine as the light bar is attached to the hatch cover not the seats. I believe Sabo was the original forum member to come up with this mod.

I forget exactly where I got the mesh bags... either eBay or aliexpress.

pSyCO_007

Ready to race!
Finally got around to putting together and installing a light bar! This thing is awesome, can't believe it took me this long to get this done.

I’m in for knowing where you got the mesh bags and how they are installed..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk