GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official DIY TTRS Clutch Kit

WhyNotZoidberg?

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI, 2015 TDI
yes, slipping letting off the accelerator in high rpm. Maybe time to drop the trans down again. Maybe time to go with this CLUTCH but not sure will it fit on the Alltrack. Can anyone confirm the 6 spd on Alltrack is the same on the R with different gear ratios?
From my experience puck clutches are awesome for track & drag, but their on/off nature make a daily unbearable. Having to build boost every time you want to move at a light gets old after a while, but at least you won't have to deal with passengers anymore :D

ketoi12345678

Ready to race!
From my experience puck clutches are awesome for track & drag, but their on/off nature make a daily unbearable. Having to build boost every time you want to move at a light gets old after a while, but at least you won't have to deal with passengers anymore :D

Can you elaborate on why it needs to build boost before moving?

ashiun

Ready to race!
Can you elaborate on why it needs to build boost before moving?

I think it's a joke about how with race puck clutches you gotta rev it to nearly 2-3k rpm before clutching out or it will stall.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
I think it's a joke about how with race puck clutches you gotta rev it to nearly 2-3k rpm before clutching out or it will stall.
Well yeah, if you have a super light flywheel that applies.

I remember driving a turboed e36 M3 that had a stage 5 (6 puck) clutch with a super light flywheel... Stalled that thing three times in a row before I got it moving :eek::D

WhyNotZoidberg?

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI, 2015 TDI

Might be more like 3-4k RPM, since he's got an Alltrack. I remember driving a puck clutch AWD car (STi Subie) in the city.. :eek:

..and after launching hard every time your have to move, your passengers not wanting to be seen in your car again, fearing someone might recognize them :p

Last edited:

prunaionut

Hello!
Got a problem here fitting the TTRS clutch kit on my MY14 S3 Sportback. Trouble is the TTRS PP will not work with my flywheel (Sachs). Car is 98k km. Don't know where the problem is.

I have the FCP Euro Kit - link here https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/audi-vw-clutch-kit-sachs-performance-529542

Same exact part no but ordered from a local shop. I was with the mechanic when the install was made, disc was put the right way in, pp was drilled to fit, all torqued down, gearbox went in nicely, but when i tried to drive it the clutch would not engage (felt like it started to grab at the end of the pedal travel). Bled the clutch again but no good.

Any input will help as i have no clue what to do.

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
I don't know anything about S3's so I would say your TOB is either not the right one or bad, or not bled right. Sachs doesn't even list anything for the S model Audi cars. Haven't you been posting in the other TTRS with issues? did you install this in your GTI?

Last edited:

prunaionut

I don't know anything about S3's so I would say your TOB is either not the right one or bad, or not bled right. Sachs doesn't even list anything for the S model Audi cars. Haven't you been posting in the other TTRS with issues? did you install this in your GTI?

The S3 is basically the same as the Golf R. Part no are the same, flywheel/clutch/pp/tob.

prunaionut

Nope, bought 2 TOBs just to be sure. My issue is with the PP and the flywheel not mating.
For now, its back to stock until i figure this thing out. Sorry for posting all over the forum, i was shocked to see it does not work after all the good feedback i’ve got.

Lurchalicious

Ready to race!
Been reading over the pages, I'm still trying to figure out the "difference" in the HS tuning "RSR" kit - and the FCP euro sachs performance kit

RSR rates their kit at 480tq numbers. FCP says 430tq.

Isnt it the same pressure plate? What is my brain missing?

vw4evr

Passed Driver's Ed
Nope, bought 2 TOBs just to be sure. My issue is with the PP and the flywheel not mating.
For now, its back to stock until i figure this thing out. Sorry for posting all over the forum, i was shocked to see it does not work after all the good feedback i’ve got.

What is the part number on the clutch disc that you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boomer719

Passed Driver's Ed
I installed the original DIY clutch kit outlined near the beginning of this thread and have put 52000 miles without a hitch. Running stage 2+ with a down pipe and 93 octane and I beat on this thing daily.

Very satisfied with its performance so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

hooville

Go Kart Newbie
Hello!
Got a problem here fitting the TTRS clutch kit on my MY14 S3 Sportback. Trouble is the TTRS PP will not work with my flywheel (Sachs). Car is 98k km. Don't know where the problem is.

I have the FCP Euro Kit - link here https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/audi-vw-clutch-kit-sachs-performance-529542

Same exact part no but ordered from a local shop. I was with the mechanic when the install was made, disc was put the right way in, pp was drilled to fit, all torqued down, gearbox went in nicely, but when i tried to drive it the clutch would not engage (felt like it started to grab at the end of the pedal travel). Bled the clutch again but no good.

Any input will help as i have no clue what to do.

I just finished installing the FCP kit on my '16 GTI, working with no issues so the parts fit: PP is SAC-883082001394, Disc: SAC-1878005146. I just verified the part nos on the boxes they came in. The parts I removed were: PP 06K 141 025 A, Disk 04L 141 031 A (both Sachs parts). Hope this helps verify fitment in some way!
Also make sure the brake fluid reservoir is to the MAX line when you bleed the line, the clutch system pulls fluid from the top of the reservoir so even if there is fluid in it you may not be getting all the air out.

calvinng94

Been reading over the pages, I'm still trying to figure out the "difference" in the HS tuning "RSR" kit - and the FCP euro sachs performance kit

RSR rates their kit at 480tq numbers. FCP says 430tq.

Isnt it the same pressure plate? What is my brain missing?

Seems like the RSR uses the OEM Sachs PP for TTRS while the FCP uses a SRE (Performance line) PP for the TTRS. Also, I think the RSR kit has the self-adjusting feature so that's probably why it's rated for more torque and more expensive. If you look at the part numbers for the original TTRS build your own kit versus the FCP one, they are different and that's because the original was using the OEM TTRS PP, which FCP also sells separately but will cost you more. The FCP kit that's put together already is a better deal and essentially the same thing. There may be a slight difference in pedal feel but I'm just guessing about that one.