GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IS38 install

xenann

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello all,

I've getting few quotes for IS38 install + protune with my Cobb AP on my 17 GTI DSG.

Any recommendations or experiences you guys had in NY/NJ area?

Thanks all for your help.

Navi

Autocross Champion
I'm in New York also... Where in NY are you located? I called three shops in the area. Two shops said $1000 for the install. One shop said $650. None of those prices included the turbo or install parts. I ended up doing it myself with my mechanic friend. I could ask him if he would want to do another one. He's usually busy with motor swaps etc but I can find out. Do you already have the is38?

xenann

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm in New York also... Where in NY are you located? I called three shops in the area. Two shops said $1000 for the install. One shop said $650. None of those prices included the turbo or install parts. I ended up doing it myself with my mechanic friend. I could ask him if he would want to do another one. He's usually busy with motor swaps etc but I can find out. Do you already have the is38?

I am in Queens. Yes i do have the IS38 kit.

I have got 4 quotes ranging from 550 to 750. I guess that's not so bad then.

Only problem I see with DIY is the tune.

What tune did you go with and how is ur car running? any dyno numbers?

Thanks

Navi

Autocross Champion
I'm running COBB with a stratified protune. No numbers yet. Not sure when or if I'll ever dyno it. I don't really care about numbers but the car is fucking fast. I'm always in qnz. Which part are you in? When are you trying to get the turbo installed?

ourlee

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 TT 17 GTI S
PM me, I’ll introduce you to my guy.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Billy Amberg at A2B in Sparta, NJ for the install. You can find him on the Facebook group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HuangMoney

Go Kart Newbie
Billy Amberg at A2B in Sparta, NJ for the install. You can find him on the Facebook group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's doing my clutch, IC, DP, and IS38 install haha

ourlee

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 TT 17 GTI S
Billy is the best.