GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Sorry if this has been covered...I own a 2015 golf R and a little confused with the whole wiring harness thing.

"If you already have the MK7 OEM LED tails and a harness from DAP/BEC/etc, these will not work with the new tails as the connectors have changed. You will need a new harness found below."

if I'm understanding correctly, if I buy a harness from DAP then it won't work with these tail lights but according to the first post, I will need a DAP harness...unless the new DAP harness has the new upgraded connector for these tail lights?

There's a harness for Mk7 tail lights and a harness for Mk7.5 (facelift) tail lights. Make sure you get the latter, as the former won't work.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
There's a harness for Mk7 tail lights and a harness for Mk7.5 (facelift) tail lights. Make sure you get the latter, as the former won't work.

Then there's also the mk7.5 light harness for the mk7's vs the mk7.5 light harness for the mk7.5s haha

Not confusing at all if you've read the last 100 or so pages though ;)

kingkhan

Ready to race!
Finally got my set, but a couple lights came broken. One was chipped and another had a plastic tab that was broken off.

Contacted e-acca, hopefully this will be a painless process to get a replacement.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

wofol

Ready to race!
I'm pretty sure my hazards are dynamic when the engine is off. What harness/coding are you using?

Change the Klemme 15 value (see the instructions sheet he gave you) to 100% active, and that should do it.

I'm having the same issue.

I purchased my tail lights off USP along with USP's harness and coding instructions. I didn't trust myself so I had a shop install them for me, however when the car isn't on / running, the tail lights aren't dynamic.

Is that Klemme 15 value the same for the USP coding? I've never attempted to change anything on my car as I'm new to this and don't really trust myself. I own the VCDS but haven't used it yet. If someone can walk me through what to do / change that would be wonderful!

Also I apologize for bumping your posts months later.

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
I'm having the same issue.

I purchased my tail lights off USP along with USP's harness and coding instructions. I didn't trust myself so I had a shop install them for me, however when the car isn't on / running, the tail lights aren't dynamic.

Is that Klemme 15 value the same for the USP coding? I've never attempted to change anything on my car as I'm new to this and don't really trust myself. I own the VCDS but haven't used it yet. If someone can walk me through what to do / change that would be wonderful!

Also I apologize for bumping your posts months later.

Yeah mine are dynamic all the time too.

First i'd check that all the coding is correct, maybe they missed something. You could also email USP to make sure their default harness/coding setup is supposed to be dynamic all the time, if not they might tell you the exact value to change and save you some back and forth.

VCDS/OBD11 is easy to use once you get over the initial small learning curve. Just remember to go slow and double check what you're changing is what you want to change before you do it.

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
With the harness and coding that ZERO815 provided for install on my mk7.5, he gave instructions for how to change the hazard light behavior (as well as locking behavior) from sweeping to just normal flashing. I don't know if his instructions would apply to other harnesses and mk7 (as opposed to mk7.5) but maybe he'll chime in.

Viper!

a little problem

I've connected my taillights according to ELSA connection for the mk7.5, and made a coding according to my understanding :D
Everything is working ok (including dynamic turn signals), except a small parasite blinking in standlights.

https://youtu.be/iXIvIqfPZ0g

It happens on the both sides so I believe outer taillight itself is not damaged.
It blinks only if engine is running, standlights are active and I press brake.
If brake is not pressed or it works fine on both running engine or not.

Who can help? Any ideas?

I've temporary disabled standlights when I press brake :)

wofol

Ready to race!
Yeah mine are dynamic all the time too.

First i'd check that all the coding is correct, maybe they missed something. You could also email USP to make sure their default harness/coding setup is supposed to be dynamic all the time, if not they might tell you the exact value to change and save you some back and forth.

VCDS/OBD11 is easy to use once you get over the initial small learning curve. Just remember to go slow and double check what you're changing is what you want to change before you do it.

With the harness and coding that ZERO815 provided for install on my mk7.5, he gave instructions for how to change the hazard light behavior (as well as locking behavior) from sweeping to just normal flashing. I don't know if his instructions would apply to other harnesses and mk7 (as opposed to mk7.5) but maybe he'll chime in.
Called USP this morning on my way to work, and they told me that the tail lights are only dynamic when the car is on / running. Is this changeable with coding? That's kind of a bummer considering I paid almost a grand for these.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Called USP this morning on my way to work, and they told me that the tail lights are only dynamic when the car is on / running. Is this changeable with coding? That's kind of a bummer considering I paid almost a grand for these.

Change Lichtfunktion A28 from “Klemme 15...” to “Klemme30G” that should do the trick.

Klemme15... = ignition on until the vehicle shuts off. Klemme30G shuts also off but wakes up as soon as you press the button on your remote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
I've connected my taillights according to ELSA connection for the mk7.5, and made a coding according to my understanding [emoji3]

Everything is working ok (including dynamic turn signals), except a small parasite blinking in standlights.

https://youtu.be/iXIvIqfPZ0g

It happens on the both sides so I believe outer taillight itself is not damaged.

It blinks only if engine is running, standlights are active and I press brake.

If brake is not pressed or it works fine on both running engine or not.

Who can help? Any ideas?

I've temporary disabled standlights when I press brake :)

Let me guess. Your current Dimmwert AB20 and Dimmwert AB21 are set to 100. Put them to 127.

wofol

Ready to race!
Change Lichtfunktion A28 from “Klemme 15...” to “Klemme30G” that should do the trick.

Klemme15... = ignition on until the vehicle shuts off. Klemme30G shuts also off but wakes up as soon as you press the button on your remote.

Hopefully I can figure that out without messing anything up! I'll let you know, thank you very much!

Viper!

I've just tested it. First blink is not dynamic with Klemme 30G. The second one is dynamic on the opening. On closing the car blink is dynamic.