GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Titanium brake pad backing plates for PP cars

tripleS

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
15 GTI PP \ 16 GT4
Sounds good @reverend_sean. DM me when they arrive, would love to get these on while I do rotor replacements before a trackday at Watkins Glen later this month.

reverend_sean

Go Kart Champion
Quick update - all the sets he had on hand would only fit 2015 cars without the brake pad wear sensor (please correct me if I am wrong, but my 2015 def doesn't have the sensor). Seeing as it will be much easier for me to recoup my funds if the shims fit cars with the sensors too, I asked him to make new ones. So I will have 2 sets without sensor cut outs (2015 only), 7 sets with sensor cuts outs. He is hoping to ship them today or tomorrow. They won't make it to my track day tomorrow, but I will be diligent to get them sent out quickly once I receive them!

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Quick update - all the sets he had on hand would only fit 2015 cars without the brake pad wear sensor (please correct me if I am wrong, but my 2015 def doesn't have the sensor). Seeing as it will be much easier for me to recoup my funds if the shims fit cars with the sensors too, I asked him to make new ones. So I will have 2 sets without sensor cut outs (2015 only), 7 sets with sensor cuts outs. He is hoping to ship them today or tomorrow. They won't make it to my track day tomorrow, but I will be diligent to get them sent out quickly once I receive them!

So quick question

Are you ordering heat shields for PP brakes or stock GTi brakes?

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Ok cool. Just wanted make sure I understood correctly.

When I installed my Pagid track pads I didn’t recall a brake pad wear sensor. And reading the last couple of post made me question whether the heat shields were for standard GTi brakes.

reverend_sean

Go Kart Champion
Glad to clarify! Funny thing is a set of OE pads that I ordered a few months ago did come with sensors...which threw me for a loop since my car doesn't have them. Snipped them right off the pad and away I went!

Still no update on a ship date. I guess that is what happens when you buy titanium from some guy in Russia. I am sure they will come eventually, but I don't know when yet.

tripleS

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
15 GTI PP \ 16 GT4
Hah, I don't have the pad sensors either on my 2015 S PP and had the same reaction when I used EBC Yellows which had the sensor wires. Was a little confused initially, but also snipped the wires off the pads and used them no issue.

I'll take the second set of (non sensor) shims whenever they come in if that would be easy. Thanks for setting up the group buy!

reverend_sean

Go Kart Champion
They have your name on them tripleS!

The shims have left Moscow and are somewhere in transit between there and the US. I still won't have a hard arrival date until the package enters the USPS system. Stay tuned.

Mini7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport PP
Any update on the ETA?

Heading to the track at the end of the month. So hoping I can get these installed.

reverend_sean

Go Kart Champion
Not in my hands yet...but these finally made it to the USPS facility in Pittsburgh this morning. I have to expect them to be delivered by today or tomorrow at the latest. I will send out a PM to everyone that has expressed interest once I have then in hand. Cost shipped to you will be $62 and I am using USPS Priority Mail (1-3 days). Paypal or Venmo for payments please (if you use Paypal and don't send Friend/Family money, please include the PP fees, $63.82).

Anatoly

Not in my hands yet...but these finally made it to the USPS facility in Pittsburgh this morning. I have to expect them to be delivered by today or tomorrow at the latest. I will send out a PM to everyone that has expressed interest once I have then in hand. Cost shipped to you will be $62 and I am using USPS Priority Mail (1-3 days). Paypal or Venmo for payments please (if you use Paypal and don't send Friend/Family money, please include the PP fees, $63.82).

Are all of these spoken for, can I still get in on this?