GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

UK GOLF GTI/R LIGHTS PLEASE HELP

GolfLights

UK GOLF GTI/R TAILLIGHTS

Hi there,
I've got a golf 1.6 TDI MK7, UK VERSION. What I gathered so far is that:
If i purchase original golf mk7 gtd/gti/R lights and directly just replace my current lights, everything will work smoothly and nicely, however i will have eiter no indicators working or the outer indicator will just be working?
To counter this, i need to basically wire the outer to the iner wire or something along those lines pin 1/4? somethin like that?

Could someone explain it properly, as i dont have a soldering kit and i dont know where to buy the extra wire?

Someone please explain it if you can because i really want to get those lights!

thank you.

Last edited:

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Hi there,
I've got a golf 1.6 TDI MK7, UK VERSION. What I gathered so far is that:
If i purchase original golf mk7 gtd/gti/R lights and directly just replace my current lights, everything will work smoothly and nicely, however i will have eiter no indicators working or the outer indicator will just be working?
To counter this, i need to basically wire the outer to the iner wire or something along those lines pin 1/4? somethin like that?

Could someone explain it properly, as i dont have a soldering kit and i dont know where to buy the extra wire?

Someone please explain it if you can because i really want to get those lights!

thank you.

Yeah, you need to pull a cable through from the inner to the outer for the indicator, then bridge pins 1 and 4 on the outer light.

Easy job.

GolfLights

Yeah, you need to pull a cable through from the inner to the outer for the indicator, then bridge pins 1 and 4 on the outer light.

Easy job.

Thank you bro, where would I purchase this cable from? Could i just buy a cable from anywhere and just bridge it?

So basically, if i just plug everything in without bridging anything at all, will my lights still work? and only the outer indicator will work right?

Edit: Also, how about the adapters are found online? what are they for e.g: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-VW-G...656024?hash=item44221631d8:g:elYAAOSwmOJZ5yTB

Last edited:

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Thank you bro, where would I purchase this cable from? Could i just buy a cable from anywhere and just bridge it?

So basically, if i just plug everything in without bridging anything at all, will my lights still work? and only the outer indicator will work right?

Edit: Also, how about the adapters are found online? what are they for e.g: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-VW-G...656024?hash=item44221631d8:g:elYAAOSwmOJZ5yTB

I believe they're for the Mk7.5 tails.

You can just bridge pins 1 and 4 by scotchlocking a small length of wire between the wires coming out of pin 1 and pin 4 on the connector. Ugly, but it works.

If you're doing the job anyway, pull a cable through for the indicator connection or your lights will look stupid.

GolfLights

I believe they're for the Mk7.5 tails.

You can just bridge pins 1 and 4 by scotchlocking a small length of wire between the wires coming out of pin 1 and pin 4 on the connector. Ugly, but it works.

If you're doing the job anyway, pull a cable through for the indicator connection or your lights will look stupid.

So bridge pin 1-4 (with a string of wire) and then pull indicator wire from outer to the iner wire and connect it? This will make the indicators work? This isn’t dynamic tho right?