GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

When to expect used 2018s in market ?

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
I know it's early, but curious when we might start to see used or CPO 2018s on the market?

I like the 6yr/72k warranty but hate the depreciation on a new car.

In most cases, I'd expect to see them in 2-3 years, when the off-lease cars start to make their way through the auctions. However, that will depend on how many are being leased.

As far as what sort of warranty they'll add on, it's hard to say. BMW used to (and may still) offer 4yr/50k factory warranties on all their cars, which became 6yr/100k (from original purchase date) for CPO. The CPO extended period had the usual exclusions, and also had a $50 deductible. Since an off-lease 2018 VW will still have (roughly) 3/36 of the original warranty remaining, they may only extend it for a year, if that.

I'll keep my eye out at work for updated CPO docs when VW releases them, though I doubt I'd see any solid CPO information earlier than when they advertise it to the public, so don't hold your breath.

Mother

Go Kart Newbie

New manual R is $40,955... so more like a $4k markup.

Probably bought it with no money down, plus it says he bought an extended warranty and road hazard for wheels and tires so between that and taxes, dealer fees, etc, $45k very well may be his payoff.

A repo very well may be in that guys future unless he decides to roll the negative equity into a cheaper car and end up even further upside down than he is now.

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
New manual R is $40,955... so more like a $4k markup.

Probably bought it with no money down, plus it says he bought an extended warranty and road hazard for wheels and tires so between that and taxes, dealer fees, etc, $45k very well may be his payoff.

A repo very well may be in that guys future unless he decides to roll the negative equity into a cheaper car and end up even further upside down than he is now.

Even though we don't know the full story behind this guys asking price, but it is a good example of "just because you can, doesn't mean you should."

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
You'll start to see them in the second half of the year.

People buy them and realize they cant afford them.
People buy them and circumstances change unexpectedly (relocation/child/divorce/jobloss/etc).
People buy them and realize they just don't like it that much, want something else and can afford to take the depreciation hit.

Edge-man

I know of a guy selling a 18' Autobahn White Silver DSG with only roll off the factory miles (Factory to dealership)... asking around 30K for it has tire/wheel, maintenance plan...

Vrrm11

Passed Driver's Ed
When will model end clearout deals start for 2018s? Seemed like it started pretty late in the year last year.

Also, any idea on when 2019s will be announced and what changes might be in store? Once they're announced I wonder if prices for new 18s will start to drop.