GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Waze on Carplay Confirmed

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
Oh I see, you meant the in-app settings. Not much you can do via the CarPlay app.

I wish the search bar at the top would disappear when not in use. Reduces the map size...

Isn't that in settings too? Or does it not apply to the carplay display.

nype

Drag Racing Champion

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I think that’s a bug. Tap the map area and it is supposed to go away. If it doesn’t, quit waze and reopen it.

This has happened about 1/4 the time I use waze on CarPlay

Ok. Will keep that in mind. Thx

Reboot

Passed Driver's Ed
I am long time Waze user and just tested it on CarPlay and I gotta say I am disappointed, the performance is so-so, the graphics look outdated, and when I play any music and have it running instead of lowering the volume or pausing the music when it's supposed to be talking it goes completely silent with no volume to the music at all and its not talking.

Google Maps seems right now much more impressive but I feel much safer having Apple know where I am since they don't sell that information instead of Google so I may go back to Apple Maps which has been extremely reliable for the past year.

Last edited:

RicHSAD

Passed Driver's Ed
Saw the update this morning. Still need to actually test it, but keep in mind that this is their first release on Apple CarPlay. I think improvements are to be expected over time.

Cowzill00

Ready to race!
... when I play any music and have it running instead of lowering the volume or pausing the music when it's supposed to be talking it goes completely silent with no volume to the music at all and its not talking.

Mine didn't do this. Used it with Carplay this morning for the first time. Streamed music from my phone and played a CD, and both played continuously when Waze alerted or gave directions over the top of the streaming audio.

Reboot

Passed Driver's Ed
Mine didn't do this. Used it with Carplay this morning for the first time. Streamed music from my phone and played a CD, and both played continuously when Waze alerted or gave directions over the top of the streaming audio.

On mine during the Waze alerts it just goes completely dead silent its sort of like having a conversation with someone on the phone and you can hear their background noise and suddenly they put you on mute and all sound is gone. After the alert happens i know because i can see the alert on the screen the sound of music comes back. I have no issues with that with either Apple Maps or Google Maps.

Cowzill00

Ready to race!
On mine during the Waze alerts it just goes completely dead silent its sort of like having a conversation with someone on the phone and you can hear their background noise and suddenly they put you on mute and all sound is gone. After the alert happens i know because i can see the alert on the screen the sound of music comes back. I have no issues with that with either Apple Maps or Google Maps.

Did you update the app on your phone? That sounds like what mine would do to Carplay on the old version (running Waze on my phone then).

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Maybe I missed the settings menu. I will have another look later on.

Ok so I used the nav functionally this morning and the search bar does disappear when you’re actively receiving directions. When just driving and the app is open, the search bar stays open.

Might be how the others work, can’t recall.

Enjoying it more now that I have all of the settings tweaked for my preferences. Will give it some more time. So far, pretty good.

Reboot

Passed Driver's Ed
Did you update the app on your phone? That sounds like what mine would do to Carplay on the old version (running Waze on my phone then).

You can only update it from the iPhone, Carplay interface including the applications all mirror your iPhone so whatever is on your iPhone is also on the Carplay well at least the stuff Apple allows. The version that came out yesterday is the first official one that works on Carplay. I get the feeling I will have to wait until they push out the first patch but it's nice to have some choices now.

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Can you connect to CarPlay wirelessly?

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
So not the GTI