GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Steering Tilt Lever mod

IK/GTI

I was tired of getting jabbed in that tender spot behind the left knee cap, so did a number on the Steering Tilt Lever ... lol

Other than not realizing the part was not solid, it turned out as I had hoped. Will need to get some buffing compound to clean it up a bit. Might profile it a some more to even out the slots. :cool:

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Hollow for weight saving.;) Looks good like that IMO, better than the stock.

IK/GTI

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
#tallpeopleproblems? Or are you guys sitting too close? At 5'9", I've never hit that piece.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

IK/GTI

#tallpeopleproblems? Or are you guys sitting too close? At 5'9", I've never hit that piece.

There are likely a lot of factors that might make this an issue. I only know that in my preferred setup, it was a nuisance. Was not about to adjust my seating position to accommodate a lever if there was an option. Plus, got to work on my car :D

eurospek

Just finished watching Fast&Fu

I’m 6’4 and never made contact with this lever. YRMV.

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
I was tired of getting jabbed in that tender spot behind the left knee cap, so did a number on the Steering Tilt Lever ... lol

Other than not realizing the part was not solid, it turned out as I had hoped. Will need to get some buffing compound to clean it up a bit. Might profile it a some more to even out the slots. :cool:

Give the slots some red paint fill... you know, because GTI

eurospek

Just finished watching Fast&Fu
What did you use to trim?

IK/GTI

IK/GTI

What did you use to trim?

Just a grinding wheel for my Drumel was all I had at hand. Then 60 grit sandpaper with sanding block to clean up the cut, then down to 400. Will need to get something finer to finish it off.