GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official DIY TTRS Clutch Kit

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
Please do not go big turbo with this clutch. You don't want to drop your trans twice, do you? For me right now, it feels like the car has a lot of power but cannot put it on the ground, so what is the point of big hp!?

Yeah you’re right I guess I’ll have to go with an Is38 and hope that it doesn’t grenade on me.

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
Please do not go big turbo with this clutch. You don't want to drop your trans twice, do you? For me right now, it feels like the car has a lot of power but cannot put it on the ground, so what is the point of big hp!?

I have to ask and it's just a question.. did you "break" your clutch in? properly? or did you just beat on it soon as you got it installed and on the road?

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I have to ask and it's just a question.. did you "break" your clutch in? properly? or did you just beat on it soon as you got it installed and on the road?
I dont have this clutch, I have dkm but I broke mine in properly per manufacturer just to avoid any potential problems with the manufacturer In the event there was/is a problem, clutches do require a proper bedding process and heat cycles

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
I dont have this clutch, I have dkm but I broke mine in properly per manufacturer just to avoid any potential problems with the manufacturer In the event there was/is a problem, clutches do require a proper bedding process and heat cycles

Hence why I asked the question. :)

railroader

Autocross Newbie

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
I posted this in other thread but maybe somebody here knows the answer better.
I'm stage 2 APR no problems with my TTRS clutch and I'm looking to upgrade to an Is38 turbo.
APR rate the stage 2 on 93 gas at 404 ft-lbs while with the Is38 on the same 93 gas is rated at 403 ft-lbs so I don’t understand why people are fine stage 2 wise (with a TTRS clutch) and slipping with the Is38.
Thank you for your help!

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I posted this in other thread but maybe somebody here knows the answer better.
I'm stage 2 APR no problems with my TTRS clutch and I'm looking to upgrade to an Is38 turbo.
APR rate the stage 2 on 93 gas at 404 ft-lbs while with the Is38 on the same 93 gas is rated at 403 ft-lbs so I don’t understand why people are fine stage 2 wise (with a TTRS clutch) and slipping with the Is38.
Thank you for your help!
There numbers are at the flywheel just as a reference my fbo is38 maestro tuned gti made 403wtq with high iats and I have more room for timing on the tune

ketoi12345678

Ready to race!

Baby it for almost 2k miles, kept the rev under 5000 rpm during the break-in period. I don't know what I did wrong :(. Right after I just flashed the custom tune, before going WOT I noticed whenever I was in low gear (1,2,3) and accelerated to about high rpm (higher than 3k rpm) and left off the gas pedal, the clutch slipped a little bit before the engine brake happen

Ital

Go Kart Newbie
Baby it for almost 2k miles, kept the rev under 5000 rpm during the break-in period. I don't know what I did wrong :(. Right after I just flashed the custom tune, before going WOT I noticed whenever I was in low gear (1,2,3) and accelerated to about high rpm (higher than 3k rpm) and left off the gas pedal, the clutch slipped a little bit before the engine brake happen

dude that does not sound normal. Not sure if its defective or not installed properly no way that clutch should slip in the first 3 gears and especially during deceleration
Where did you get it installed? did they warranty the work at all?

One of the main reason I went with South Bend was the shop warrantied it for 12 months\12k miles

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie

Yay... I believe the rule of thumb here is under 3k for the first 1000 miles of city type driving.. which would depend on how much city driving you actually do. But it does sound odd your slipping letting off the accelerator? hmmm something going on there.

ketoi12345678

Ready to race!
Yay... I believe the rule of thumb here is under 3k for the first 1000 miles of city type driving.. which would depend on how much city driving you actually do. But it does sound odd your slipping letting off the accelerator? hmmm something going on there.

yes, slipping letting off the accelerator in high rpm. Maybe time to drop the trans down again. Maybe time to go with this CLUTCH but not sure will it fit on the Alltrack. Can anyone confirm the 6 spd on Alltrack is the same on the R with different gear ratios?

WhyNotZoidberg?

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI, 2015 TDI

Alltrack's AWD & heavier car might have something to do with putting more stress on the clutch, starting with the break-in and especially on his hard drag launches :confused:
Just my $0.02..

Btw I'm ED stg.2 @26,000miles, including 4 HPDE track days this summer on stock clutch with absolutely zero slippage. I strongly believe the only reason for that is no WOTs in high gear/low RPMs or hard launches.

ketoi12345678

Ready to race!
Alltrack's AWD & heavier car might have something to do with putting more stress on the clutch, starting with the break-in and especially on his hard drag launches :confused:
Just my $0.02..

Btw I'm ED stg.2 @26,000miles, including 4 HPDE track days this summer on stock clutch with absolutely zero slippage. I strongly believe the only reason for that is no WOTs in high gear/low RPMs or hard launches.

I only started to drag race the car after 2,000 miles break-in period. But anyway, I plan to drop it down at the end of this year.