GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

S3 Freak

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi guys,

Not sure if anyone else experienced this issue but I recently bought a JB4 data cable and when I connect the cable to the JB4 and start the car it throws a couple of faults and EPC light on, if I clear the faults using VCDS and start without the data cable no faults are shown.

I had a look at the USB cable and all 3 wires look intact could it be the JB4 unit itself?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Hi guys,

Not sure if anyone else experienced this issue but I recently bought a JB4 data cable and when I connect the cable to the JB4 and start the car it throws a couple of faults and EPC light on, if I clear the faults using VCDS and start without the data cable no faults are shown.

I had a look at the USB cable and all 3 wires look intact could it be the JB4 unit itself?

Sounds like the cable is bad and shorting something. Contact BMS and ask for a new one.

ourlee

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 TT 17 GTI S
Went to map 2, got a check engine light on the 3rd launch, 73 degrees F. Code was “low fuel pressure”. Any thoughts? My logs weren’t good, George asked for more throttle. Any thoughts while I wait for a chance to send legit logs?
My tuner cleared the code and I did one launch today, 80 degrees F, no check engine light, car’s running great.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Went to map 2, got a check engine light on the 3rd launch, 73 degrees F. Code was “low fuel pressure”. Any thoughts? My logs weren’t good, George asked for more throttle. Any thoughts while I wait for a chance to send legit logs?
My tuner cleared the code and I did one launch today, 80 degrees F, no check engine light, car’s running great.

FOL is probably set too high. Does the TT have an IS38? If so, it needs to be 40.

ourlee

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 TT 17 GTI S
Nope IS20. I’ll check it, THANKS!
And for the record, I read every word of this awesome thread:D

Should I do 40 with the IS20? Am I sacrificing performance at 40 v 50?

Last edited:

ourlee

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 TT 17 GTI S
Thanks Diggs. I think we should all send Diggs some liquor or something.

afman916

Ready to race!
Thanks Diggs. I think we should all send Diggs some liquor or something.

Agreed.

Diggs, I was going to do some messing around with Map 6 this weekend, but don't really know if I stand to gain much from Map 2. What possible suggestions would you have given my setup (MAP catted DP, CTS TIP, stock airbox with AFE, stock exhaust and IC, 93 gas)? Maybe just looking for a little more oomph lower in the RPM range, if possible given my setup. Thanks again for all your help man!

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Agreed.

Diggs, I was going to do some messing around with Map 6 this weekend, but don't really know if I stand to gain much from Map 2. What possible suggestions would you have given my setup (MAP catted DP, CTS TIP, stock airbox with AFE, stock exhaust and IC, 93 gas)? Maybe just looking for a little more oomph lower in the RPM range, if possible given my setup. Thanks again for all your help man!

Map2 is pretty potent down low. Try this:

1500 - 2
2000 - 3
2500 - 4
3000 - 4.5
3500 - 5
4000 - 5
4500 - 6
5000 - 7
5500 - 6
6000 - 6
6500 - 5
7000 - 4

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
We have been working on reducing the boost per gear below stock for the stacked guys and decided to add a Valet map since lots of people have requested it. Below is a link to the test firmware for this.
What changes is in map 4 the boost is halved and is the valet map on this version of firmware that will reflect as 60/7/6. The JB4 safety map and logging for stock or flashed is map 0 now. For all safety the JB4 will default to map 4 Valet map.

You can find the Valet firmware here in post 2: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?p=604740#post604740